Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dead peddle???

Old 02-01-2011, 10:23 PM
fckstck
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead peddle???

i drove my 2001 ram 2500 24 vavle yesterday and had no problems.. got up for work this morning and fired it up left the driveway and when i stepped on the skinny peddle and nothing. checked the mirror and nothing but white. which is a switch from the usual black. does anyone know what is going on? is my lines dirty? my fuel filter isnt dirty.. it idles like nothing is wrong. turbo wont spool up at all. i managed to drive it to the shop.. the motis says its a code P0216. the death code. i had that code before and the VP was shot. truck never started. the motis says it could be just low fuel pressure.. but i dont have the 150 bucks to rent a gauge kit. any thought?

Old 02-01-2011, 10:41 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

Originally Posted by fckstck
i drove my 2001 ram 2500 24 vavle yesterday and had no problems.. got up for work this morning and fired it up left the driveway and when i stepped on the skinny peddle and nothing. checked the mirror and nothing but white. which is a switch from the usual black. does anyone know what is going on? is my lines dirty? my fuel filter isnt dirty.. it idles like nothing is wrong. turbo wont spool up at all. i managed to drive it to the shop.. the motis says its a code P0216. the death code. i had that code before and the VP was shot. truck never started. the motis says it could be just low fuel pressure.. but i dont have the 150 bucks to rent a gauge kit. any thought?
You already know the answer. Sorry, we don't have better news for you. Did you change your lift pump when the VP went out last time?

Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 PM
fckstck
Amateur

ya got a new lift pump that was OEM. it sucks i answered my own question i was hopin someone would tell me i might be wrong and they had a better answer

Old 02-02-2011, 12:05 AM
morcam123

two things you can do to test pressure , rent a gauge from autozone that it is fully refundable for 30 days or you can use a gauge used by an a/c tech , low pressure side it worked for me .

Old 02-02-2011, 12:54 AM
fckstck
Amateur

cool ill have to try that

Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM
morcam123

I am having a similar problem with my 2001 , been dealing with it for the last 4 months changed my primary pump and got the pressure up , but i think it allready did the damage to the ip pump ,i also find out that autozone will run the scanner for you at no charge ,igot the po216 code , please keep us informed .

Old 02-03-2011, 12:55 AM
fckstck
Amateur

ok well i pulled the lines off my lift pump and nothing was coming out of it. so i blew air back into the tank and you can hear the air bubbling in the fuel. but when i hook the lift pump back up it still will not draw fuel from the tank. so then i dropped the tank. when i pulled out the unit the screen on the bottom is ripped, missing, has holes.. its junk. anyone know where i can get a new one?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dead peddle???