Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

truck cuts out and dies while driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:16 AM
cummalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question truck cuts out and dies while driving

I have a 2004 Dodge 2500 2x4, the other day(on a tuesday) i was driving home and had no previous problems or signs of problems, i was goin 65 down the highway and all the sudden it started cutting out and died before i made it to the shoulder of the road. I tried cranking it up again and it started for about 5 seconds. got it towed home and it started and ran fine. drove it around all day the next day(wednesday) with no problems, got in it on thursday and it cut out and died about 6 miles down the road. let it sit till saturday evening after changing the fuel filter and bleeding the air out of the system. saturday evening i drove it with no problems and on sunday i drove it for about 10 miles and it cut out and died.

I am thinking that the fuel pump may be bad and letting air in the system but im not sure. I dont want to just start throwing parts on it hoping to fix it. HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:06 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

more than likely, your lift pump is dieing...

Quick Reply: truck cuts out and dies while driving