Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2007 3500, 6.7 towing max #

Old 10-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Gerry R
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not settled on a specific trailer yet but having max weight numbers will narrow the search down somewhat.
What is the average travel trailer GVW people pulls with a single 1 ton within safe margin without problems?
M.[/quote]

To answer you it all comes down to what the trailer weighs loaded and tongue or pin weight, which is different for each brand & model, but according to the supplied specs I would say most 30 ft bumper pulls and some small to medium 5ers would be in your capabilities. I use a rule for myself that I don't like to come closer than 80% of my truck's capacity so my truck is capable of 13,200 but my toy hauler loaded with Polaris RZR, fresh water and a little gas in my fuel station still is just a bit under 9k. You should check out a couple of RV shows in your area and it shouldn't take long to gather the max weights listed inside and when it comes to 5ers remember that some will have over 20% of their gross weight on the pin. Much more than the 10-15% for bumper pulls, Gerry

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 3500, 6.7 towing max #