Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Newbie..Oil leak help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:08 PM
ttravis350
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie..Oil leak help

Hi, I'm a newbie to dodge/cummins. I recently bought a '94 with 232,xxx truck runs great and has a 5 speed. I love the truck and it runs great. Only one problem, I had the pitman arm leak so I put new gearbox on it. I don't think I bled the system right according to the instructions. Anyways everything was fine till about 3 days later. Now I have a pretty good oil leak (about a 1/4 quart every time I drive) slight belt/pulley squeal, and hard brake pedal () I've done a lot of reading and found a few problem areas on these engines. I'm assuming since I didn't bleed the system that I blew the seal where vacuum pump joins block?? Is the vacuum/brakes/power steering all tied in together? Any help with leak and instructions would be greatly appreciated. It seems like all oil is coming from driver side by power steering reservoir. Thanks!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:12 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it motor oil leaking? Does the power steering work properly? I don't know off the top of my head when they went to thw hydroboost brake booster but if you have one then your brake booster runs off the power steering.

Quick Reply: Newbie..Oil leak help