Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Engine light: Fuel Rail Code

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:46 PM
wulfenstien
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine light: Fuel Rail Code

I purchased a 2010 2500 Turbo back in March. Since then, I've had at least 8 engine codes relating to the fuel rail. I took it back to the dealership and they replaced the fuel rail, or so they said. The code continued. Took it back again, they say that one of the injectors could be bad but aren't sure which one. Gave me a fuel treatment to add to the fuel to clean out the injectors. Seemed to work, I increased my fuel mileage and no code.

It's back. I'm not doing anything out of the norm for what I do. I drive the streets, sometimes I idle (but I kick it up if I'm sitting for more than a traffic light), no towing, get fuel at the same place, you get the idea.

I'm really getting frustrated with this truck. It's supposed to last me a very long time. I needed a very reliable truck since I'm about to go into med school. Now I'm thinking I've gotten a money pit.

Fortunately, all these repairs fall under warranty. So other than a huge inconvenience, it's not costing me anything.

Thoughts and/or ideas?

Old 08-23-2014, 01:16 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try getting your fuel from somewhere else.

And run the truck hard.

What's the code?

Old 08-26-2014, 02:52 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by wulfenstien
I purchased a 2010 2500 Turbo back in March. Since then, I've had at least 8 engine codes relating to the fuel rail. I took it back to the dealership and they replaced the fuel rail, or so they said. The code continued. Took it back again, they say that one of the injectors could be bad but aren't sure which one. Gave me a fuel treatment to add to the fuel to clean out the injectors. Seemed to work, I increased my fuel mileage and no code.

It's back. I'm not doing anything out of the norm for what I do. I drive the streets, sometimes I idle (but I kick it up if I'm sitting for more than a traffic light), no towing, get fuel at the same place, you get the idea.

I'm really getting frustrated with this truck. It's supposed to last me a very long time. I needed a very reliable truck since I'm about to go into med school. Now I'm thinking I've gotten a money pit.

Fortunately, all these repairs fall under warranty. So other than a huge inconvenience, it's not costing me anything.

Thoughts and/or ideas?
Has the dealer reviewed your symptoms with Chrysler's tech support especially if this is a repeat issue? What code is coming up?

Old 08-27-2014, 05:23 PM
wulfenstien

I don't recall exactly what the numbers where, I may have them on a paper in my truck still. Regardless, I just picked the truck up from the shop after they replaced the injectors. This truck doesn't even have 55K on it yet.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:29 PM
wulfenstien

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Has the dealer reviewed your symptoms with Chrysler's tech support especially if this is a repeat issue? What code is coming up?
When I took it in 6 weeks or so ago, they said the fuel treatment was the next step in the plan. I can only assume they talked to tech support. I'll see if I can get the code. I read somewhere that this was a recurring issue with 2010 models and that wiping the ECM and uploading current software stops the problem. I've talked to them about this, and don't know if they think I'm crazy or actually look into it.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:49 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by wulfenstien
When I took it in 6 weeks or so ago, they said the fuel treatment was the next step in the plan. I can only assume they talked to tech support. I'll see if I can get the code. I read somewhere that this was a recurring issue with 2010 models and that wiping the ECM and uploading current software stops the problem. I've talked to them about this, and don't know if they think I'm crazy or actually look into it.
Please PM your vin number.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:38 PM
tomallisd17
Default Same problem with mine

I have the exact same problem with mine. Same year. But I'm at 110K and having to pay for the fixes. Ouch! Did you get it fixed? How did they do it? I have just paid $50 for a 69CHZFS1 Flash Jan.2, but the light continues.

Quick Reply: Engine light: Fuel Rail Code