Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Where you guys buying your diesel?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fill up at fred meyer. plenty of diesel cars and trucks run through there.

As for too much biodiesel? are you serious? I would rather have MORE biodiesel than none... soypower biodiesel actually has better lubricity than any additive people dump in their diesel tanks... And it is compatible with the newer trucks with all the emissions controls.

The 2-cycle oil I dump in my tank is NOT compatible with the newer emission controlled trucks and will likely clog up the DPF...

These days there are enough diesels on the road to keep most stations in fresh fuel.

before I had my diesel truck, I had a TDI jetta. Plenty of those out there fillin up with diesel as well. and the diesel audi's, mercedes diesels, almost all vw models have a TDI option.

These days there also seems to be an equal amount of diesel trucks on the road as gas trucks...

most of the gassers these days are half ton trucks where a majority of the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks today are diesel.
That may start changing here in the future now that dodge has the eco diesel and the nissan titan is getting the 5L cummins v8 within the next year.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:59 PM
pavement_hater
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sunoco. Always someone getting diesel there so the fuel can't be that old. 20-30 cents cheaper than the local truck stops. And a 5 cent discount with the Sunoco credit card that I pay off each month so I have no finance charges.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:22 PM
tincan57
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kroger Grocery. I've gotten as much as .40 per gallon discount on Kroger points in one fill. I get all groceries and medicines there with my Kroger discount card. Kroger sells a lot of diesel. K.

Quick Reply: Where you guys buying your diesel?