Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel
Old 08-12-2015, 12:48 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Maintenance Schedule Questions

Old 07-28-2006, 01:55 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maintenance Schedule Questions

Direct off of a forum for DCX warranty admin.

Author Topic: which LOF interval
tricia
Member posted 07-19-2006 12:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do I figure out which LOF interval LOP to use for an oil change on a corp vehicle? I want to use the correct one, but not sure if I should use schedule A or B and then which A or B (there are two). The truck has 8620 miles on it, and this is the first LOF, so I'm tempted to use the 7500 one, but not sure. Any input?

cgchesney
Member posted 07-20-2006 09:03 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rule of thumb, 99.9% of vehicles will use the schedule B, which is for severe conditions. Schedule A is for absolute ideal conditions, which we all know, don't exist. And you will use the scheduled maint. lops. Not the CSC ones. As far as which interval.I would use the 3,000 mile one if it's their first o/f. Help?

Old 07-28-2006, 09:43 PM
DR

This is a direct quote straight from the 06' Dodge Ram dealership pamphlet.

"A major advantage of the Cummins Turbo Diesel: State of the art technology results in reduced oil sooting, allowing for oil changes every 15,000 miles under normal driving conditions"

I changed my first one at 7,500. I do an extreme amount of highway driving. I plan on changing my oil at that interval. According to the manual, under my driving conditions I can go the 15,000 mile before changing oil. In my opinion (I know, I know) changing oil in a diesel every 3,000 is both enviromentaly incorrect and a huge waist of money. Every car I have ever owned, Ford, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Volkswagen and Dodge have all recommended oil changes at 5,000 or greater. Quickie Lube places and dealers alike are doing nothing more than soaking you for money. 3,000 miles is beat into your head so much everyone is brain washed into believing it. Every company involved in oil changes pushes 3,000 intervals. Everyone from the filter manufactures, auto part stores, oil companies and the quick lube places. Why? Because they all make money..... a lot of money from oil changes. Check your maintenace schedule on your vehicles. The manufactures know what they need. Everyone else involved is a for proffit company making more proffits because they have beat into your head "3,000 miles, 3,000 miles." Show proof of oil going bad at 3,000 miles under average driving conditions.

My flame suit is on

Old 08-04-2006, 07:50 PM
maypearl

ORIGINAL: NickBeek

I just simply follow the owners manual on every vehicle I own.

When you tow with the truck you will know why you bought it. These machines ROCK for towing. Happy camping.
Towed for the first time - Maypearl to Longhorn State Park (Burnett/Marble Falls) and on to San Antonio, then back. Somewhere between 550 & 600 mile round trip. What a great ride!!! Previously, I have been towing the camper with a 97 f150, v6, .308 Rear end... What a difference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maintenance Schedule Questions