Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Whats with all the automatics?

Old 03-19-2014, 03:46 PM
dapepper9
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if your looking for cummins than look around western iowa and eastern nebraska, can't hardly find automatics in em lol

Old 04-05-2014, 11:11 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most people buy trucks to commute to their office jobs now. Who do you think can afford to drop $70k on a stinking pickup? It's definitely hard to send emails while drinking a latte and rowing through gears...

Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 AM
cobradriver
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well I am very happy to add I found my baby, a 2003 4x4, 6 speed. It came with a banks 6 gun, rear camera set-up nicely for the tow ball, XD wheels with nice tires...and that diesel just rumbles and whistles.

With all the info I found here, 2003 was THE year I wanted and after an extensive search, I got it.

Looooooooooooooooooooove this thing

Thanks to everyone here for helping me make a life decision I am very happy with.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:53 AM
sumone

It's your post................how about a photo?

Hint, diesels rumble.........turbo's whistle.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:03 AM
cobradriver
Amateur

Originally Posted by sumone
It's your post................how about a photo?

Hint, diesels rumble.........turbo's whistle.

Yep and I got both of em

We've had some seriously crap weather around here but I need to get some pics of my new toy, maybe tomorrow.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:17 PM
cobradriver
Amateur

See if this works for ya

http://s202.photobucket.com/user/Arc...how/My%20Buddy

Last edited by cobradriver; 04-22-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:35 PM
djbucky3
Captain

Originally Posted by cobradriver
Thats a beautiful truck! As for the long search, it makes you feel that much better when you find her!

As to the auto vs manual.. I am sad to say 98 ram is manual, however at the time i got her, there were no manuals to be found and this fit all my other requirements! Though there are many many times i wish it was stick!

Old 04-22-2014, 09:35 PM
tincan57
Captain

I like it............Love the hood. Nice find. I went with a Brake controller from Advanced auto that seems to work good for towing (I've dialed it in up to 8,500 lbs). I adjust it depending on load. My trailer is a Gatormade pull behind and I also have to use a drop down ball.

You should start an Album (it will serve you on the Cummins forum, I think). My 24v diesel is under album ......tincan's other Rams.

Best of luck with towing and maintenance. K.

Last edited by tincan57; 04-22-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Album for the 03
Old 04-24-2014, 10:12 PM
cobradriver
Amateur

Originally Posted by djbucky3
Thats a beautiful truck! As for the long search, it makes you feel that much better when you find her!

As to the auto vs manual.. I am sad to say 98 ram is manual, however at the time i got her, there were no manuals to be found and this fit all my other requirements! Though there are many many times i wish it was stick!
Thank you.......Hmmmmm don't mean to stir your brains any (yes I do) I had a 98, hated my auto and put in a manual myself. The wife helped me with lining up the final bolts. The pedals were the worst part of the whole deal but yes do-able.

I posted the sequence on heres years ago, so check it out. The manual cost me 300 bucks, the pedals were 100 and that was about it.

The rest was time and patience.

So.......how bad do you want that manual in there?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:15 PM
cobradriver
Amateur

Originally Posted by tincan57
I like it............Love the hood. Nice find. I went with a Brake controller from Advanced auto that seems to work good for towing (I've dialed it in up to 8,500 lbs). I adjust it depending on load. My trailer is a Gatormade pull behind and I also have to use a drop down ball.

You should start an Album (it will serve you on the Cummins forum, I think). My 24v diesel is under album ......tincan's other Rams.

Best of luck with towing and maintenance. K.
I have a Tekonsha Prodigy, all computerized and gyro's and stuff. Works great and will brake auto or you can brake manually with a lil lever thats on it.

If yours is workin great!!!! if you ever need a replacement, I've had mine for yrs trouble free and recommend it.

Take care and keep safe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats with all the automatics?