Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

Need help with this

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Shawnb03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with this

I have a 2004 Dodge Dakota with 21k miles on it. I hear a strange noise comming from the front end. I belive its comming from the right side. It sounds like a wobbleing noise which can be heard after the vehicle is warmed up (less then 1 mile). The noise increases when ever you turn the wheel to the left or right at any speed above 20 mph. The tires are in need of replacing, so I know that could bethe possible problem. But I put the full size spare on and it still does it. The Tire PSI is about 35 PSI in each tire, even the spare. The warrenty is about to go by by and need to know what the problem before I take it in so that the dealer dosent screw me around. Also there is small splater marks on the back where the tire mounts. I checked all the ball joints seals and none of them are bad. I need some info to find what is going on. I think it is the Wheel bearing, but a wheel bearing at 21k miles seems a little strange. Any help would be great. Thanks

Old 12-26-2006, 08:37 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need help with this

it sounds like a wheelbearing to me.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with this

Check your power steering fluid level.