Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

Electrical..Headlight switch??

Old 06-25-2004, 05:40 PM
rezervd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical..Headlight switch??

I have seen this on the forums mentioned already and no one responded to his post on it. My dash/display lights went out the same time my tail lights went out(All other lights work, brake lights, head/fogs, etc). I have checked all the fuses and om'd them out as well. Is there a relay somewhere that controls this or a bad connection???

I have people mention the anomolies involving the chiming, etc, but this isnt it. I absolutely want to avoid a diag from Dodge but Im running out of options...

Some people from Autozone today said that the headlight switch could be faulty since it is wired to the tailights, console, etc. My headlights work though?? is this possible??

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2004, 10:25 AM
carrotik
Default RE: Electrical..Headlight switch??

....I guess it was my post you've seen .. ....That was headlight switch - contacts were worn out and I could only turn on either headlights or taillights with instruments but not both ....I just bought a new headlight switch - near $34 as I remember and replaced it using a simple screwdriver ...It took half an hour of work at most ....

Old 07-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Jamaican Dodge

I have the same problem, my dashboard light and park lights do not work but the headlamp and breaklights work.

Old 07-07-2004, 06:09 PM
JCswm
Veteran

The headlight switch itself can fail
or the Multi-function switch can fail
Year/Model please

Old 07-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Jamaican Dodge

It was the fuse that was out. But it is funny, cuz when I play with the switch the light in the dash flash
Thanx anywayz

Old 01-04-2007, 06:54 PM
lfisablst

Did anybody figure out what the problem was. I have changed my multifunction swith and still have no dash lights or tail lights.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:41 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: lfisablst

Did anybody figure out what the problem was. I have changed my multifunction swith and still have no dash lights or tail lights.
Well, since the multi-function switch has absolutly nothing to do with the dash lights (well, except for the high beam indicator)...

4 posts above (or, the first reply)...

....I guess it was my post you've seen .. ....That was headlight switch - contacts were worn out and I could only turn on either headlights or taillights with instruments but not both ....I just bought a new headlight switch - near $34 as I remember and replaced it using a simple screwdriver ...It took half an hour of work at most ....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electrical..Headlight switch??