Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

What is chysler smoking.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoparMan1991
+10 I agree completely.

I used to work in county corrections myself and we had the FOP (Fraternal Order of Police) and that union is compete sh*t, we were working on trying to get teamsters in but you know just as well as anyone how the county operates. I certainly wasn't underworked and sure as sh*t wasn't over paid. Unions have purposes, it's just some do a better job than others.
Precisely. The Union has it's pros and cons just like anything else but without it we'd be thrown to the wolves.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:49 AM
1954Radio
Captain

You seem very anti Chrysler. (This IS DodgeForum just in case you forgot)
I think he pretty much knows where he's at and I can pretty much relate to how he's feeling...like me, he recently bought one of these products. I don't agree with everything he says but that's his rightful opinion. The only thing I agree with you guys on is that Chrys is doing what they think is the best way to sell their products but they're doing it by way of lieing and deceiving. Ask me for my source and I can provide pages of proof from these forums alone. When they put the costumer first I'll change my tune. Till them I'm dissapointed with Chrys because of the way they handle warranties and repairs. I experienced this first hand so there's nothing you or mr ceo fake a** online chat can do to change my opinion. And I don't like them delaying the transmission upgrades and I don't like what they're doing with these encrypted pcms or keeping us hanging in the winds about solving it. l'm not trying to be rude...just being honest. I hold no ill feeling toward anyone who feel different. I wish Chry success a hundred fold, I just don't think they are doing enough...it's all about how much they can make. I don't dislike the new Dart, it's not a Dart and I don't like them using the name. Thank God they didn't call it a Cuda!

Last edited by 1954Radio; 03-15-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:01 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Of course its all about how much they can make. That's how it is with every single car company that exists today. General Motors, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen, Nissan, Peugeot, and Renault, That's all they care about its profit profit profit. Look at the oil industry. You think it costs them $106 a barrel to produce that? Of course not, they're in it for the profit. If you think it costs Mars $2.00 to produce a big bag of Peanut M&Ms? Once again its about the profit. I can do this all day long. Times have changed (slightly) things cost more and to "help reduce the cost to the market" they choose to take short cuts. These short cuts are very cheap and look like complete poo, but they still make the big bucks. And this recall stuff, this is usually the dealers doing, so you cant blame Chrysler LLC. for their mistakes. If you think for a minute people haven't had issues with any of the above listed auto manufacturers, or even any other ones, with recalls or supposed to be covered auto repairs, well you need to sit down and put your thinking cap on bud. Encrypted PCMs and all, that's just them covering their asses and you know it just as well as anyone else. It only makes it harder to modify/tune them, not impossible. The codes will get cracked in six months and then you can go buy the latest and best tuner and go tune the hell out of whatever it is you're complaining about. I also am not being rude, just honest.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no facts, so this is a question: Is Chrysler the only one who uses encrypted PCM's at this point? I was under the impression that that was the way that the entire industry was going. Not that I like it, but in today's lawsuit happy age, it only makes sense to the manufacturer.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:53 AM
1954Radio
Captain

Of course its all about how much they can make. That's how it is with every single car company that exists today. General Motors, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen, Nissan, Peugeot, and Renault, That's all they care about its profit profit profit. Look at the oil industry. You think it costs them $106 a barrel to produce that? Of course not, they're in it for the profit. If you think it costs Mars $2.00 to produce a big bag of Peanut M&Ms? Once again its about the profit. I can do this all day long. Times have changed (slightly) things cost more and to "help reduce the cost to the market" they choose to take short cuts. These short cuts are very cheap and look like complete poo, but they still make the big bucks. And this recall stuff, this is usually the dealers doing, so you cant blame Chrysler LLC. for their mistakes. If you think for a minute people haven't had issues with any of the above listed auto manufacturers, or even any other ones, with recalls or supposed to be covered auto repairs, well you need to sit down and put your thinking cap on bud. Encrypted PCMs and all, that's just them mcovering their asses and you know it just as well as anyone else. It only makes it harder to modify/tune them, not impossible. The codes will get cracked in six months and then you can go buy the latest and best tuner and go tune the hell out of whatever it is you're complaining about. I also am not being rude, just honest.
First off, I have an 09 and second I'm not going to lie for you Chrys or anyone else because it's a Dodge forum. My company is not being drug through the media for smoking weed and drinking at work and we don't have morale problems but apparently Chrys does. The guy who started this thread had every right to and LU229 has every right to speak h is mind. If you think Im wrong then maybe we should ask what you are smoking. There's a guy on here right now trying to get his engine replaced or repaired correctly and professionally and not with just a couple of new parts and an oil flush. No professional shop in the country would do this without going through the entire engine oiling component and there asking for oppinions??? Now it's my turn to ask and again I'm nor being rude..."what is chrysler smoking"?

Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 1954Radio
First off, I have an 09 and second I'm not going to lie for you Chrys or anyone else because it's a Dodge forum. My company is not being drug through the media for smoking weed and drinking at work and we don't have morale problems but apparently Chrys does. The guy who started this thread had every right to and LU229 has every right to speak h is mind. If you think Im wrong then maybe we should ask what you are smoking. There's a guy on here right now trying to get his engine replaced or repaired correctly and professionally and not with just a couple of new parts and an oil flush. No professional shop in the country would do this without going through the entire engine oiling component and there asking for oppinions??? Now it's my turn to ask and again I'm nor being rude..."what is chrysler smoking"?
I don't think anyone here said he couldn't speak his mind. With that being said, what are you smoking?

Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by Shibby927
Wow I can't believe some of the crap I'm reading on this thread. Chrysler is doing exactly what it needs to do. They've needed a compact car to replace the Neon since they discontinued it. The Caliber was supposed to be the replacement and sales were lackluster on it. I think the new Dart looks cool, is modern, and I believe that these new 4 Cylinder Tigershark engines or whatever they call them are probably the best 4 cylinder engines that Chrysler has ever offered by and far.

If you want a Dart like the one in the 70's then go and buy yourself a 70's Dart or quit complaining because this is the year 2012. Vehicles are much different now and manufacturers are forced to build vehicles that meet government requirements for emissions and safety. This isn't the 70's where they built 4000lb muscle cars with giant gas guzzling big block V8's, this is 2012, the economy is bad, unemployment is high, and people need cars that get better gas mileage. If Chrysler did nothing but resurrect old names to slap them on V8 or V10 performance cars they wouldn't be making any money. They still cater to performance enthusiasts with the Charger, Challenger, and Viper but they also have to cater to the normal everyday average joe that just needs a vehicle to get them from point a to point b.

To suggest that Chrysler is going to go under is ridiculous. They have just about got this bailout debt repaid. Fiat actually seems to give a damn, unlike Daimler. Quality on a majority of their vehicle lineup across all brands is miles ahead of what it was just a few years ago. The difference in the quality of materials used to build the interior of my 2006 Dakota and my 2011 Ram is HUGE. My RAM is miles ahead of my Dakota in every category. Chrysler, Dodge, and RAM vehicles seem to be getting much more favorable reviews across the board from both the owners and the experts as well. Not really sure where you come up with this Chrysler can't build an engine like the Japs can crap LU. The Nissan Titan rolls with an outdated 5.6 Liter with less horsepower and worse fuel economy than the new Hemis, there were even talks that Nissan would swap out the 5.6 and start putting in the 5.7L Hemi a couple of years ago. The Toyota 5.7L has less horsepower and also gets worse mileage. As for the cars I think that company's like Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, etc... do have good 4 Cylinder and 6 Cylinder engines but that's been their bread and butter since they've all been around. Japan is a totally different country and a totally different culture from our Country. In America the cool thing is Muscle Cars and Pickup Trucks with high powered V8 engines, and in Japan it's more about economy or "tuning" in their performance scene. Chrysler is getting much better, the Pentastar is probably the best 6 Cylinder engine we've had in years, and these new Tigershark 4 Cylinders are going to be light years ahead of the boring, loud, and underpowered 4 Cylinders they've been offering in the Avenger, Sebring, etc...

Also I'd like to point out that Unions aren't always a bad thing. I work in Law Enforcement at the County Level. Without the Teamsters we wouldn't get half the benefits or half the pay for the job we do. I work in Corrections. I deal with some of the biggest sh!tbags society has to offer so you don't have to deal with them yourselves. Our board of supervisors would hang us out to dry with all of the budget cuts going on if the Teamsters weren't in place to protect us. So Unions do serve a purpose, I am not underworked, and I am definitely not overpaid for the crap that I have to put up with.
Shibb,
nothin against you my friend, your job is definately worthy of a union, and i totally agree, you guys ARE definately under paid and over worked for having to deal with no good POS people everyday in society that i think personally are worthless to say the least. Drug dealers as well as other real bad criminals, should be executed on site... saves tax payer dollars, in return, law enforcement wouldnt cost so much, the world would be a safer & better place. BUT, let me clear this up a little... i was only talking about the unions involved within the auto industry. They are the reason we have to pay 40 or 50 thousand bucks for a real nice truck these days. Its drivin by GREED...!!!!... the workers as well as the manufactuers. I know a guy that just lays a sheet of thin plastic over the dash`s of cars on the assembly line, he makes $36 friggin bucks an hour...!!! Thats just wrong...!!! Thats what unions have done to us in the automotive industry in the good ole us of a. And they STILL cant build a decent small car for how much money they make. Now take ME for instance, i make stainless steel drill bits for the medical world, and might i say, world wide, and i only make $17 friggin bucks an hour. My job is far more worthy of getting $36 bucks an hour for what i do an make, but i dont get that kind of money... but i still save lives and also make the lives of others better so THEY can live better. Can the union auto worker say that...??? Hell no they cant, and they never will. As for chrysler... 1954radio hit the nail right on the head. Dam right i`m pizzed at chrysler, their customer service SUCKS, and so dosent their small cars. I will never change my mind about the way they do business with their loyal customer base. So until i see they can take care of the customer(s), i remain the same, against them.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:27 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by 1954Radio
AMEN...!!!!

Old 03-15-2012, 11:31 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by 2x1972
I have no facts, so this is a question: Is Chrysler the only one who uses encrypted PCM's at this point? I was under the impression that that was the way that the entire industry was going. Not that I like it, but in today's lawsuit happy age, it only makes sense to the manufacturer.
I bet you`d be the first one to sue if your brand new dodge dart caught fire and burned up.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:32 AM
1954Radio
Captain

I don't think anyone here said he couldn't speak his mind. With that being said, what are you smoking?
Really? Then what did you mean by insinuating that he was anti chrys and reminded him that he was on a Dodge forum? Smoke another one, lol!

Quick Reply: What is chysler smoking.