Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Official Pricing and some standard features on the 2013 Dart

Old 04-17-2012, 01:15 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Official Pricing and some standard features on the 2013 Dart

Chrysler has announced some details on standard and optional equipment for the 2013 Dodge Dart along with base pricing for each of the trimlines.

As expected, the Dart SE is the least expensive of the lineup with starting price of $15,995 while the Dart SXT will set you back $17,995. The sporty Dart Rallye carries an MSRP of $18,995 followed by the Dart Limited at $19,995 and the highline Dodge Dart R/T will cost $22,495 when it arrives this fall.
Click here to view the article here on DodgeForum with the early pricing and features!

Old 04-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Boulee
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
Chrysler has announced some details on standard and optional equipment for the 2013 Dodge Dart along with base pricing for each of the trimlines.

As expected, the Dart SE is the least expensive of the lineup with starting price of $15,995 while the Dart SXT will set you back $17,995. The sporty Dart Rallye carries an MSRP of $18,995 followed by the Dart Limited at $19,995 and the highline Dodge Dart R/T will cost $22,495 when it arrives this fall.
Click here to view the article here on DodgeForum with the early pricing and features!
***prays to mopar gods/Ralph Gilles***
Here's hoping they come out with a SRT Version and for it to follow the neon pricing. (meaning SRT Dart would be about 3K more than the RT)

At $19,995, some $3000 north of the Neon R/T
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...racecar-page-2

Old 05-12-2012, 12:34 PM
jmoddes
Exclamation

"R/T: 2.4L Tigershark™ MultiAir® II Turbo 4 cylinder engine, 6-speed manual transmission, 18-inch aluminum wheels, Electronic Vehicle Information Center, Projector fog lamps, leather inerior
GTS Tribute: Limited production. 2.4L Tigershark™ MultiAir® II Turbo 4 cylinder engine, 6-speed manual transmission, 18-inch aluminum wheels, Electronic Vehicle Information Center, Projector fog lamps, leather inerior, carbon fiber hood with functional hood scoop air intake, lower chin spoiler, rocker panel extensions, decklid spoiler, and rear diffuser panel."

WHAT?!?!? r/t coming WITH turbo!!?? SOURCE

Old 05-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Boulee
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jmoddes
WHAT?!?!? r/t coming WITH turbo!!?? SOURCE
Dude its the internet and google is your friend; check multiple "sources" before freaking out.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/mopar/dart-gts.html
For the 2013 Dodge Dart, Mopar will offer more than 150 accessories, the most in the compact-car segment. The 2013 Dodge Dart GTS 210 Mopar concept car highlights many of these items, currently not available as a factory package. Some observers believe that in addition to showcasing Mopar parts, the Dart GTS may be showing the direction of the assumed-to-be-coming SRT Dart — hopefully to retain the name Dart GTS rather than becoming the “SRT Dart SRT4.”

For the “stage 1” appearance package, matte-black trim pieces are put onto the interior: a lower chin spoiler, side sills, rear spoiler and rear-diffuser panel. Mopar also added a carbon-fiber hood with air scoop, and 18-inch, 10-spoke forged alloy titanium-colored wheels.

Inside, beyond the 14 interior color and trim options available in the 2013 Dodge Dart, Mopar red Katzkin leather seat fronts, door panels, center armrest and map-pocket inserts; black accent stitching is used in the seats and armrest. Piano Black trim is used on the shifter bezel, cup holder bezel and the dash-vent bezels, while the instrument cluster brow is black with red accent stitching; the island bezel is a Piano Black; and the steering wheel is in black leather with red stitching.

The Stage 2 performance modification uses a computer which, along with better airflow on the intake and low back-pressure exhaust, brings the Dodge Dart GTS 210 Tribute from 184 to to 210 horsepower, a substantial gain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em3ko...layer_embedded

http://www.insideline.com/dodge/dart...auto-show.html
The Dart GTS 210 Tribute showcases some of the 150-plus Mopar accessories that will be available on the all-new 2013 Dart, which goes on sale this summer.

The Mopar Stage 1 appearance package for the Dart bundles matte-black exterior trim, including chin spoiler, side sills, rear spoiler and rear diffuser, as well as a carbon-fiber hood with air scoop, 18-inch forged alloy wheels, Katzkin leather upholstery and trim and piano black accents.

The Mopar Stage 2 performance package for the Dart pushes output on the 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine to 210 horsepower, thanks to a low-back-pressure exhaust, improved air-flow intake and other engine tweaks.

The Mopar customization kits for the new Dart will be available this fall.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/dodge/2...-ar123945.html
The recently released Dodge Dart has been a simmering topic of conversation for a lot of people. In order to build off of the buzz the car is generating, Mopar has gone out of its way to pay homage to the Dart GTS of the 60’s, building a program that it has affectionately called the Dart GTS 201 Tribute.

The car is part of a four-vehicle assault from Chrysler’s resident aftermarket company, which released the vehicles as part of their 75th anniversary. For the Dart GTS 210 Tribute, Mopar prepared two tuning packages, beginning with the Stage 1 Appearance Package. As the name suggests, this program centers on a plethora of aerodynamic upgrades on the Dart, featuring a new chin spoiler, new side sills, a rear spoiler, and a rear-diffuser-style panel, all of which have been finished in fine matte black texture. In addition, the Stage 1 program also comes with a carbon fiber hood, an applied carbon fiber roof appliqué, and a new set of 18" 10-spoke titanium wheels.

Interior modifications are also part of the Stage 1 program, consisting of seats, door panels, map pockets, and a center armrest that have been finished in a Ruby Red color with black serving as a perfect contrast on the stitching and the suede instrument cowl. Meanwhile, a red-and-black, leather-wrapped steering wheel and new floor mats finish off the rather audacious looking interior space of the Dart.

Moving into the engine - that’s the Stage 2 Performance Kit - Mopar added a slew of performance enhancing equipment, including a new cold-air intake, a cat-back exhaust, and a remapped ECU. These changes bring the Dart’s output emanating from its 2.4-liter four-cylinder MultiAir2 engine from 184 horsepower to something Mopar calls “over 210,” which explains why ’210’ is part of the car’s designation.

According to Chrysler, pricing for the two packages will be made available later this year, so stay tuned.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/08/2...-chicago-2012/
There's a lot of history wrapped up in the 2013 Dodge Dart GTS 210 Tribute. For starters, it's supposed to commemorate 75 years of Mopar, which, in case you're wondering, stands for MOtor PARts, Chrysler's in-house go-fast aftermarket division.

Second, the GTS Tribute harkens back to the Dart of old, which was built between 1960 and 1976, and specifically the GTS model of the late 1960s. Never mind that this new Dart has absolutely nothing in common with that rear-wheel-drive, body-on-frame muscle car other than its name.

Finally, it's easy to see some Dodge Neon SRT4 in the Dart GTS, most notably in its carbon fiber hood with a single, centered hood scoop, which feeds cold air to a Mopar intake that bumps horsepower to 210. Also take note of the 18-inch, titanium-finish ten-spoke wheels and the Ruby Red and black motif both inside and out.

Buyers hoping to snag a 2013 Dodge Dart GTS 210 Tribute will have to get out their aftermarket Mopar catalogs, as this car won't be made available at Dodge dealerships.

Last edited by Boulee; 05-15-2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: url linking
Old 05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Boulee
***prays to mopar gods/Ralph Gilles***
Here's hoping they come out with a SRT Version and for it to follow the neon pricing. (meaning SRT Dart would be about 3K more than the RT)
http://wot.motortrend.com/from-fiat-...nd-206091.html

"Manual transmission in Charger? Magnum revival? Dart SRT4 with at least the same specs as Neon SRT-4? – @CMCniece

No plans for a Magnum revival and no plans right now for an SRT Dart. He’s going to be disappointed, that guy." Dodge chief Reid Bigland.

There are no plans for an SRT Dart, no matter what car magazines and "insiders" are saying. The SRT Group is taking their products upmarket and a fancy econocar doesn't fit with the new strategy. However, Mopar is going to support the Dart in club racing, so you'll probably be able to make a DIY SRT Dart.

Last edited by mantisman51; 05-21-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Boulee
Record Breaker

...and no plans right now for an SRT Dart.
their italics not mine

Old 05-22-2012, 03:03 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Well never say never. But even if they gave the green light today, it would still be at least one model year from now, if not more. I would love to see an SRT Dart, but why would anyone pay close to $30k for a Dart when you can get a base Charger R/T Hemi for $30,990?

Old 05-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

everything that I have read has already pointed to the SRT Dart not coming out until 2014. witch is fine by me, it will give me enough time to save up.

as far as the "The SRT Group is taking their products upmarket and a fancy econocar doesn't fit with the new strategy". the neon SRT was a fancy econo-car, which the dart isnt. the dart is infinatly more upscale/upmarket than the neon ever was. just look at all the class exclusives it already has.

Another thing that comes to mind at the moment is that while Reid Bigland is CEO of the dodge brand, I dont think he is in the position to say squat about the SRT brand controlled by its own CEO Ralph Gilles. And they are separte entities with in Chrysler LLC; Dodge, Ram, SRT are all independate devisions currently.

and if you are gonna compare prices at least compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. becuaase with that logic you could say:
why buy a Dart R/T MSRP starting at: $22,495 when you could by an Avenger SE V6 or SXT MSRP starting at: $21,495.

Hell even why buy a charger RT at $29,995 when a challenger RT is $29,995.

It all comes down to personal preferences. and even at 30,000 an srt dart would be the cheepest SRT vehicle when the other 4 are $42,000, $44,000, $46,000, and $47,000. But i dont think an SRT dart would be that much, but it would have to be under $30,000. Im guessing it would be a $3,000 to $5,000 upgrade putting it at $25,495 to $27,495.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:00 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

everything that I have read has already pointed to the SRT Dart not coming out until 2014. witch is fine by me, it will give me enough time to save up.

as far as the "The SRT Group is taking their products upmarket and a fancy econocar doesn't fit with the new strategy". the neon SRT was a fancy econo-car, which the dart isnt. the dart is infinatly more upscale/upmarket than the neon ever was. just look at all the class exclusives it already has.

Another thing that comes to mind at the moment is that while Reid Bigland is CEO of the dodge brand, I dont think he is in the position to say squat about the SRT brand controlled by its own CEO Ralph Gilles. And they are separte entities with in Chrysler LLC; Dodge, Ram, SRT are all independate devisions currently.

and if you are gonna compare prices at least compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. becuaase with that logic you could say:
why buy a Dart R/T MSRP starting at: $22,495 when you could by an Avenger SE V6 or SXT MSRP starting at: $21,495.

Hell even why buy a charger RT at $29,995 when a challenger RT is $29,995.

It all comes down to personal preferences. and even at 30,000 an srt dart would be the cheepest SRT vehicle when the other 4 are $42,000, $44,000, $46,000, and $47,000. But i dont think an SRT dart would be that much, but it would have to be under $30,000. Im guessing it would be a $3,000 to $5,000 upgrade putting it at $25,495 to $27,495.
You are quite confused on the new Chrysler Corporate tree versus the old Chrysler. SRT is just now a separate division within Chrysler. Before this year, SRT was an option package on different models. The whole concept (and you should look it up, because I'm not wasting my time) ,according to Gilles, was to "take SRT to the next level and deliver world class cars with world class performance". He went on to say SRT was moving upmarket. So yeah, the SRT4 was a fancy econocar, so what? The Dart is an econocar and if I were a betting man, I'd bet there won't be an SRT Dart. I take it you're young, so I won't demean you with your lack of car business knowledge, but suffice it to say, the Dart would have to leave a Dodge factory and get shipped to an SRT facility for the conversion. So yeah, Mr Bigland would know. As far as comparing fruit, I'll leave that to you. But no one I know who buys performance vehicles would cross shop an SRT Dart with pedestrian Avengers or Darts, so the next performance step up would be a Hemi and the SEDAN version of the Hemi would be the Charger as the SRT Dart would be a sedan. If you think a new SRT package(with all the stupid stuff they cram in cars nowadays) would be less than $5k, you might want to get out more often.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mantisman51
You are quite confused on the new Chrysler Corporate tree versus the old Chrysler. SRT is just now a separate division within Chrysler.
seems like you are the one confused because thats what I said, they are separte divisions.

And they are separte entities with in Chrysler LLC; Dodge, Ram, SRT are all independate devisions currently.
And I'm not young and I have plenty of automotive buisness knowledge. I have worked for various Tier one suppliers since 2002. And it wouldnt leave the plant to go to an SRT facility. They dont do that now and never have. Past and current SRT vehicled are built on the same line as thier base models. What i was trying to get across is that Reid Bigland was there to promote the dart not SRT. He was pimping his product not ralphs.

But you obviously missed my point. What i was going for is that its not a good comparison to compare a possible top of the line model with a mid level model from 1 or 2 class sizes above it. Compare the SRT's with the SRT's, base model range with base model range, etc.

$27,500 to $30,000 is a reasonable price for the segmate of performance compacts. It would need to stay under that to stay competative with the ford focus st ($24,495), Subaru Impreza WRX ($26,220 - $29,720), Honda Civic Si ($23,175 - $25,175), Volkswagen GTI 5-door ($25,065 - $31,695)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official Pricing and some standard features on the 2013 Dart