Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

New 2013 Dodge Dart owners check in here!

Old 07-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Attached Thumbnails New 2013 Dodge Dart owners check in here!-pics_art_1405475845759.jpg  
Old 09-04-2014, 07:44 PM
zcg4755
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by castillo73
I hate this dodge dart. It was brand new when I purchased it in April 2014 I put the 11miles on it test driving it. I swear I pray day in day out that a bomb drops on this POS vehicle. If I knew this car was such crap I wouldn't have purchased it there is no way I can give this to my daughter when she graduates as I had planned. I tell everyone dodge has went to crap now. The gas mileage in this crappy little car is a joke I get 16 in town and if Im lucky 22 high way. My huge 1999 chevy Tahoe pulled better than that at 20 in town and 26 high way. The axles sound like they are going to break. The breaks sound like they are eating metal. The ac doesn't blow cold enough air in my opinion. It is a ugly little car that totally is a disgrace to the original Dodge Dart from back In the day. Dodge has made the Charger crap also who wants a 4 door sports car? oh yeah I forgot they made it family friendly lmao nobody wants their kids in their car. I am going to buy the Camaro its a beast n still looks like a muscle car. As I said I pray night n day a bomb drops on this crappy over priced car or a Tyson trucker smashes it while running one of the many red lights they always seem to run. I tell everyone to stay away from the dodge dart its a joke of a car with false advertising mpg. Oh and that Fiat tranny sounds like @%&^*@*@((@ lol as you can tell it is a very bad word I wished to use
There is absolutely no way you see 16 miles to the gallon. I beat on my 2.4L and still see 26 at a minimum. Second, only some Darts have Fiat transmissions; others use Hyundai sourced transmissions. I've driven two Darts, and both had quiet and smooth shifts. Sounds like you're just talking through your ***. My '14 Dart GT has been a great car so far; I'm actually rather impressed.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:43 AM
lbock

He could be getting 16/22 if he has the 1.4 and doesn't know how to drive it. I do agree the AC could be colder but it's been a great car for me for 2 years. He should have gotten the 30-40k sports car he wanted instead of the 15-20k economy car. Sell it if you hate it that much.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

We're loving our '13 Dart (1.4T)... my wife drives it aggressively, and we have never seen less than a 28mpg average.
And the A/C is excellent... wish I had it in my RAM.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:27 PM
shockracer
Amateur

Originally Posted by zcg4755

There is absolutely no way you see 16 miles to the gallon. I beat on my 2.4L and still see 26 at a minimum. Second, only some Darts have Fiat transmissions; others use Hyundai sourced transmissions. I've driven two Darts, and both had quiet and smooth shifts. Sounds like you're just talking through your ***. My '14 Dart GT has been a great car so far; I'm actually rather impressed.
I agree, I drive the Ish out of ours and it's been great ( 27,000 miles currently). We average 28-30 MPG in our Aero with the Technology package and the DDCT, 100 MPH is a common sight on our 7" tft and that is what we still average (those speeds are done in Mexico).

Did an ST owner get waxed?

Old 07-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Gabriellamarie1
Default Engine problem on 2013 gt 2.4 liter tiger shark

I bought my 1st new car, a 2013 dodge dart GT 2.4 liter tiger shark (yay!) HOWEVER, its been a disaster. I changed my oil at about 6,000 miles because i use synthetic. After 2,000 my engine stalled as I was driving. Everything locked; steering wheel, brakes etc. There was little to no oil left! my check engine light then popped up. I took it to the dealership and I learned there was a problem on the assembly line when the engine was made. Because of this problem I leak oil to all parts of the engine where it should not be. NEW ENGINE FOR ME!! In all seriousness, I love my car but not these headaches. I have had many more issues but I thought I would talk about my biggest, newest problem.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:34 PM
2013dodgedart
Default Hello

Hey everyone I'm an owner of a 2013 Dodge Dart which is obvious because of my username. I'm in love with my dart it's limited edition full leather interior and touch screen navigation. I'm currently enrolled into Lincoln technical institute my goal is to leave college with straight A's with my ASE (Automotive service excellence) and graduate as a master technician. If I can help anyone in any way I'll be happy to.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:47 AM
Elliott Hoffman
Default My 2013 Dart is a Lemon. Dodge doesn't care.

My problem with my 2013 Dodge Dart is that I have a lemon. For the last few years, regardless of the continuous repairs, back and forth, repeated and wrong repairs, still my car is not fully fixed. Repeatedly, Military Auto Sales requested dodge to buy back this lemon and they (Dodge) has refused.

From my windshield being replaced by a manufactured defect, to my current status of possible transmission issues or clutch bearing issues and my back-up camera not working. Things like my brake malfunctioning Christmas night two years ago couldn't be reproduced so there was nothing to "fix".

My car collectively has been in maintenance nearly 4 months last year and almost 2 months this year. Not counting the many trips and months waiting for parts just to have a repair done. I have been to 4 different repair shops. No matter this difficult purchase, Dodge will not budge to help a customer. Service member or not, there is no prerequisite for help.

I do not care for the absolute poor quality of this particular purchase, what bothers me is the lack of care for the customer with so many continuous issues by such a large company. I have been in 5 different rentals/loaners and many of the parts replaced were refused to be replaced on warranty. Military Auto Sales has been footing the bill. Even for a current $3000 part replacement just to get my back-up camera fixed.

If I was serving in the states, a lemon law lawyer would have already been hired. For my current living area (Korea) and personal family/medical financial obligations, I feel like Dodge is escaping Justice. This photo is simply a battery check, since the battery was defective and had to also be replaced.

If it wasn't for Military Auto Sales, my car would be "parked" for the length of my tour until I get a lawyer in the states.

I would love to hear what Dodge has to say.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:50 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

fiat is discontinuing the dart and 200 due to poor sales. Can't say i like the dart but the 200 with the v6 is pretty awesome.

absolutely no way castillo73 gets 20/26 with a tahoe. I worked for chevy for 10 years, drive one and can't get those numbers with a 4.8 std trans using the imperial gallon. i call bs.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Mostlysnow

New 2013 Dart Limited owner, just bought it December 23. Loving it so far. Has every option available. I'm spoiled.
Glad to be a part of a place where I can ask for help or advice from time to time.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Hope I can get to know some of you all. FYI, northeast Indiana
Originally Posted by BadStratRT
If you are a new Dodge Dart owner, Welcome to DodgeForum.com!

Check in..introduce yourself and tell us about your new Dart!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2013 Dodge Dart owners check in here!