Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Have you driven the new Dodge Dart? Tell us about it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:41 PM
RC81
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got to see the one at the dealership this morning when I took my truck in for a tune up, sadly our dealership only got one and that dart was already sold so I never got a chance to really get a good look.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

took a dart rally 1.4L turbo with 6speed for a drive today. I was very impressed. I'm 6'3" and somewhere between 350-375 lbs and I had plenty of room. The manual trans shifted well and smoothly and had plently of pep above 2500rpm. I was really impressed with the steering/handling/suspension when I started to do the nascar pace car draft at 50 mph on a 2 lane paved back country road. It was very quick and nimble. It is a VAST improvement over my 2001 neon. However, like most I'll be waiting patiently for the SRT before buying one.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:36 PM
mmullengs
Amateur

every time my dealer gets one in it gone in about 12 hours The dealer had the first Rally and a couple of STX's and another Rally sadly they are gone prior to the test drive

Old 08-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Overcast72
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasonw
As soon as my dealership gets one or two, going to test drive it with the wife. Thinking about trading in her Durango for one.
CopyCat! I did just that this weekend!

And I love this little car. It's small, but not 'cramped' as many smaller cars feel - at least to me. Sure, the bigger 200 and Chargers looked wonderful, but I could not personally justify a car payment if the car got less than 35MPG highway.

I bought the Limited 1.4L Turbo - 6 Speed, it's a bit of a slacker under 2200 RPM's or so, but once the Turbo gets it's boost going it can get up and move just fine. I've been babying it, as I want a nice smooth engine break in - trying to stay under 4000 RPM's mostly.

It shifts really smooth, it handles and holds the road fantastically and has the power when you get on it and the turbo spins up. I did spin it up some getting on the interstate today, it stuck right to the corner/on-ramp - left the OCD 'cant be behind anyone' kind of driver behind me in the dust on that corner and was right at 65 when I hit the freeway. I like the feel of three kinds of autos: Powerful 4WD trucks, Muscle Cars, and these little agile 'euro' manual trans cars like this.

I'm really impressed overall; I've driven many cars over my life - worked at Goodyear a while, drive rental cars all the time with my current job, and just being a gear head - traded cars a lot. This is probably the most fun car I've seriously driven overall - I can't count anything real 'snazzy' I just drove on to the lift at Goodyear, lol. For it's price, it's a definite winner.

I went with the 'lifetime' warranty that was offered too. I'm working on too many friends cars lately to have kept working on my Durango, not that it needed more than one would expect for 130K miles, but it was getting there. I seen gas prices going up - my mileage on the D going up - seemed like an optimal time to trade it in.

The UConnect is just amazing, the screen is easily big enough for me to see clearly - I can just load it up with music on SDCard or Flash drive, and of course the Satellite Radio is great. We'll see about paying for that long term - maybe if the yearly price isn't too bad... I might. The Stereo is just the normal UConnect one - but still sounds great, albeit a bit light on the bass on some songs. So if you MUST have outstanding audio - you might want to look at the Alpine upgrade.

That being said - well, I wasn't being too terribly patient, lol - I was thinking about getting one with the options I wanted and waiting, but the Limited really caught my eye - tinted windows and all. Some options on it I would not have gotten, like Leather Seats, Sunroof, and the Backup Camera; I would have elected for the Stereo upgrade, however, the test drive got me good - and after thinking about it, the added Safety or the camera and the coolness of the seats and sunroof were a more than suitable trade for the Stereo.

Had to do my first fill up in the Dart - $38.00 for 3/4 tank of Premium - was quite a relief over the $80+ the V8 needed... especially considering how much driving I did...

Old 08-16-2012, 12:32 AM
RICHARDON

I just owned the Dodge dart 2013. Features like thin film transistor, LED taillamp make it unique. Fortunate of owning the one!!

Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Dart0517

I test drove the 2.0 SXT Turbo Manual on Wednesday and all I gotta say is WOW!!! I was expecting to hear the engine rumble like my 2008 Jeep Liberty and 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but this Dart honestly hums! you barely at all hear the engine from the drivers seat, unless you are shifting gears. For the SXT, I was impressed with the standard features it came with and the sound system was pretty impressive also. Just makes me get goosebumps on how great my R/T will be. Also it was very nice seeing the fuel rate at 8.1L/km rather than my Liberty at 14.6L/km

Old 12-22-2012, 04:01 AM
tweav88
Professional

I test Drove two Darts, the SXT and the Rallye, both with manual trans and the 1.4l turbo,

I love the cars, I test drove the Rallye because it had the u-connect with the huge touch screen to see if I liked it, While it is a nice feature, it is not something i would want to have, just seems like more to go wrong.

One thing I noticed on both cars was the notorious High Beam Clunk that everyone seems to be having. They both seemed to shift smoothly and I love the 6 speed. Funny bit was when i was backing the car into the lot after the test drive I stalled it twice because where Reverse is on my Honda civic is actually 6th haha. Also the salesmen tried informing me that it had "True Dual Exhaust," but I quickly corrected him on that.

The motors are "gutless" under about 2500 rpm's, but pull strongly above that through the gears. Since I am in Germany with the military I got the privilege to drive on the autobahn and while there actually are speed limits, I did a 90mph run for a few miles and the instantaneous MPG calculator still showed a reading of 35+ MPG.

As far as options go I prefer the Rallye trim(just more sporty in my opinion) in white, with the 18in smoked rims advertised on the limited(The dealer could order them with the 18's!), with the full "race track" led tail-lights.

And as far as interior i like just the base radio and speakers with the popular equipment package and the black/red interior. The base still has your aux, usb jack. The front seats are very comfortable and I had more than enough head/leg rooms(at 6'3"), my head however did hit the roof in the back seats. The passenger seat storage was nice and the trunk was quite large as well.

All in all I was quite impressed with the car, I was strongly considering buying one, but as for now I am just going to hold off until most of the issue's are resolved, or until my current car dies, seeing as i got offered 1500 dollars for a 2002 Civic in Good condition lol

Old 10-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Anthony Grego
Professional
Default just purchased 2015 dart rallye (sxt)

So the rallye package for the sxt has the 2.4l motor and some appearance item . All around sharp car. Just took delivery of mine today. Its friggen sweet. Got to a strait stretch n decided to do a 0-60 lost track of it due to the fact I was burning rubber in both first n then second and then chirped the wheels in third (manual tans with Tc shut off) I was laughing like a madman. On highway at 70mph I was averaging 35mpg according to the gauge readout.
Love it can't wait for Mopar to release the scat pack addons for it

Quick Reply: Have you driven the new Dodge Dart? Tell us about it!