Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Dart UConnect Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 05:04 PM
alexbgoode
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dart UConnect Issue

Hello Everyone,

First time forum poster, so please be patient with me. I've got an issue with my new 2013 Dodge Dart and UConnect.

I have an exceptionally long commute to work and so to pass the time, I listen to audiobooks on my iPod. Before buying the Dart, I had a 2008 Dodge Charger which I had an aftermarket Alpine Stereo system that also had an iPod connection.

Anyway, the problem is, I'll be listening to my audiobook while in the car and when I turn the car off (i.e. for the evening or during the day at work) and then restart it several hours later, the track has completely reset.

This is pretty annoying because I need to be able to continue where I left off in the book, instead I'm having to sit there and seek for awhile.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. The Dart is an amazing car otherwise!

Thank you

Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 AM
cruzer55
Veteran

Dealers have the program to fix...

Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Are you positive that the ipod is shutting off with the car? I only ask because my dealer mentioned that the ports in the arm rest compartment didn't shut off with the car, so "maybe" it's possible that the ipod is playing through the entire book then stopping (thus being at the beginning of the book)... just an idear.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzer55
Dealers have the program to fix...
Not yet, We got a notice from Dodge that they are working on the new software.

HOWEVER, for the past decade, Chrysler's Audio system just doesn't work well with Apple products. I am not sure if there will ever be a fix.

just if you are wondering, Chryslers Audio system is a QNX base OS, which is developed by RIM (Blackberry phone).

Maybe it is time to covert! Come to the Dark side...

j/k. I think you should borrow other ppl's none-apple phone and try it. The problem might be just phone compatibility issue.

Last edited by steak59; 01-13-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Dart UConnect Issue