Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

real dodge dart mpg?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:16 AM
RAMeister
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turner661
well if you go on dodge.ca the dart says 59 miles per gallon.. which makes no sence they are like lieing about the mpg to sell it or something..
You may need to pay attention to the ** behind the 59MPG - that indicates it is only one model of the DART that claims the 59MPG (or 41MPG here in the US) That is the AERO which includes an:
... advanced 1.4L MultiAir® Intercooled Turbo combined with aerodynamic enhancements, light weight aluminum chassis components, and low rolling resistance tires, to obtain up to an impressive 4.8 L/100 km highway with the 6-speed manual, and up to 4.9 L/100 km highway with the 6-speed DDCT
I know here in the US is was always advertised as "late availability" I've not seen one...

So all the comparisons to that high MPG rating are probably not a fair expectation... unless you have that specific model...

Just my 2 cents, as I was mystified initially by the claims and advertisements.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Danny@PlanetDodge

As stated earlier, the 59MPG that Dodge has claimed on the Canadian website, is based on their 4.55 litre gallon, not the 3.8 Liter gallon used in the USA.

Also, keep in mind it is not WHAT car you drive, but HOW you drive it.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM
SirMaru

I only have a 2.0 Liter engine in my 2013 Dodge Dart with an automatic transmission. I purchased it with 66 miles on the odometer which is now up to 291 miles. The first several weeks I was running it a lot in the driveway a lot at zero mpg to learn the voice commands and other features.

On the first gas fill cycle the car showed 17.5 mpg but the calculated mpg using the actual gallons used and miles from car trip A was 14.3 mpg. Remember, running stationery is zero mpg and the car only measures moving mpg.

Currently with 291 miles on the odometer during the second fill cycle the car shows 19.5 mpg. My average moving speed in this cycle is 18 mph and the top speed is 44 mph. I do mostly local driving.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 PM
chrisdart

I am getting above what my dart model is advertised. Mine is advertised at what 36 highway and I get 40 overall so far. The computer says it is 45.5 but filling up at Costco it is 40. This is driving about 90% highway. I will switch to a different gas station to see if there is a difference .. something about a lawsuit about raising fuel temp. I use the cheapest gas because I do not have the 1.6L turbo. I don't drive like "grandma", well maybe... I throw it in neutral when the light is red and when there is nothing but brake lights ahead.

Quick Reply: real dodge dart mpg?