Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Worst experience ever !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 05:28 PM
gatordave641
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, today is day 19 and I was told about the flash update on Monday so you think they could have it updated in basically 3 days....well of course that would be way too much to expect as I was told today they are having an engineer come in and update it ( a five minute job) but it would be sometime next week and they couldn't give me a specific day. But wait !!!! It gets even better. I happen to go over my sales order and noticed they I was billed 598.00 for dealer prep. The problem with that it I bought the car through the Chrysler Affiliate Program and they aren't supposed to charge me for that!!! So I called the program number and was told that yes they had the order number and when I requested it but they don't show the dealership submitting it.......So I called the dealership and spoke to the sales manager and he stated this would most likely the finance manager would be handling this and they would call me back. That was around noon it is now 5:30 and of course I haven't heard from them. I also called the service manager to find out why they have to wait until next week for an engineer. He said he would call me back.... no calls......

Old 07-04-2013, 07:13 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Sounds like you need to lemon law that car.. Find another dealer and get yourself another car.. I havent had a single issue with mine but if I did and it ended up like your situation I would have my lawyer do the talking.. 99% of the dealers will do what you want when that happens.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:22 PM
gatordave641
Thumbs up Finally some positive news !!

OK positive news!! Chrysler has agreed to replace the car !!! this should occur next week...fingers crossed.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:01 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gatordave641
OK positive news!! Chrysler has agreed to replace the car !!! this should occur next week...fingers crossed.
NICE! are you getting another DART or upgrading?

Old 07-07-2013, 09:01 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dlyter09
99% of the dealers will do what you want when that happens.
The dealer doesn't have any say in the matter.

Originally Posted by gatordave641
Fantastic!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:12 PM
gatordave641

Getting another dart limited the one that is closest to mine is about 195 miles away. I am going to see if I pick it up will that speed things up...

Old 07-27-2013, 01:37 AM
daksnbeers
Professional

Originally Posted by TNtech
What you should be worried about is your fony govt agencies that claim to "protect" you.

Ha... I like your style

Old 07-27-2013, 12:18 PM
gatordave641
Smile Latest Update

Well they couldnt actually find one that had all the options mine did (mainly the alpine stereo) so they are building it now they have the production date and they stated it was considered a "hot" build so I am optimistically hoping for a mid/end of August delivery date. They did add the technology package and I decided to change the color to the true blue pearl. I am pretty excited about this now.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:50 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im done with new cars or trucks
Hyundia has been really good to me with my elantra, but my touring is haveing more than its fair share of teething issues.

So, I bought a old 1982 celica that drives like atruck and handels like a tractor, but its a blast to drive and so much fun at verry little cost.

This old car lays a spank down on the elantra!!! ( in a stright line, 22re 5sp)

The big issue with the dart is its not made by dodge, but it carries a dodge name plate, all parts are going to be shipped in, as the car is not built in North America.

You still have warenty, so go back as many times as the car clunks out, a yellow lemon placed in the grill works wounders parked on the streat in front of the dealers lot.

( verry effective with my past fords and ford dealers lack of concern )

Old 08-04-2013, 11:16 PM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran

Originally Posted by cyclone429

The big issue with the dart is its not made by dodge, but it carries a dodge name plate, all parts are going to be shipped in, as the car is not built in North America.
NOT TRUE!! The Dart is built in Belvidere, IL

Quick Reply: Worst experience ever !!!!!!!!!