Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 01:39 PM
bopanjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark plugs

Wife has 42k on 2013 Dart. Car has 1.4 turbo and 6 speed trans. Check engine light came on, then started flashing ( seriously bad sign). Had car towed back home by AAA. While waiting for vehicle to arrive I went to the owners DVD and checked the maintenance schedule and discovered Dodge wants spark plugs replaced at 32k. At that short interval I thought it would have conventional plugs.Stock plugs are NGK Iridium IR plugs and normally would be good from 80 - 100K. Had heart attack when I found the list price was $33.00 EACH. Online they're $23.17 EACH. About $9.00 each would be a more reasonable price I would think. If the price doesn't come way down by the time this car is near ready for its next set of plugs this car is going to get traded in. Ordered the plugs and will let you know if they solve the problem or if I have to have it towed to the dealership.

Last edited by bopanjr; 12-26-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:35 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

most dodge engines do not run better with Iridium IR plugs. the regular plugs do just fine. in the V8 and V6 dodge engines i have to run 1-2 heat ranges colder than stock. you may not have to. in general NGKs are good plugs. i just had autolite AR3933 put in my V6 3.9 dak. it is a racing plug it is NOT for every one. when i did my own work i tightened the plug only as tight as took i compress the gasket, thats it. we are NOT sending it off to war.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:37 AM
bopanjr

Checked online with Napa, Advanced Auto, and Carquest. No one lists spark plugs for this vehicle so it's "Dealer item only". Dealer shows only one part number and that's it. Did get discount and "only" paid $26.00 each for them. FYI - superceded part number for oil filter. Double the price of old number. Stock up on the old part while dealers have them in inventory.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:10 PM
bopanjr

Traded in 2013 Dart w/1.4 turbo, stick shift for 2014 Dart w/2.4 automatic.
Massive problems with clutch assembly. Six rental cars and the same number of stays at the dealership (all under warranty.) They replaced everything in the car concerning the clutch, from the pedal to the clutch itself. 15,000 miles later the same problem was back. Loved the car, hated the drive train and the $33.00 each spark plugs. Got rid of both problems at once. Dealer was great to work with. New car has a ton of extras old one didn't for $10.00 more a month on the payment.

Quick Reply: Spark plugs