Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

2013 Dart Rallye occasionally will not shut off

Old 01-15-2016, 03:51 PM
dartgal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2013 Dart Rallye occasionally will not shut off

I just within the last two weeks purchased a 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye with 42k miles.. I actually bought it from the Honda dealership I work for. It has given me no problems other than minor issues with the bluetooth audio connection.. but when I left for work this afternoon, I was driving through the parking lot and it started bucking and slipping in 2nd gear. I took it out of gear and revved the engine, it revved smoothly. Put it back in gear and it continued to buck. The engine and ABS lights came on. Also, the traction control light is on. I've never had a car this new, so I don't know if the car knew it was raining and wouldn't allow me to turn it off or what haha but I could not turn it off with the button. I drove it to work (promptly pulling it into the service bay when I got here) and it shifted very hard, and bucked only when accelerating. Cruising down the road in overdrive, it rode smoothly. When I got here, I pulled into the service bay and took the key out of the ignition, and the car did not shut off. I had to stall the engine to get it to turn off. They're looking at it right now... haven't heard anything. Never owned a Dodge. Any ideas anyone???

Old 01-20-2016, 12:11 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome to the forum, dartgal. Any updates over the past few days?

I'm not seeing any TSB's related to your concerns. Were you getting any messages in the EVIC or any trouble codes that you're aware of?

Old 01-20-2016, 12:27 PM
dartgal

Well I work at a Honda dealership and there's a Dodge dealership next door. I actually purchased this vehicle about 2 weeks ago from my dealership.. And I brought it into service there on my way to work since it's covered under a 30 day warranty. They took one look at it and said it was over their heads and sent it next door to Dodge. Dodge kept it all day Saturday and Monday afternoon they returned it to me.. Of COURSE when they test drove it, it showed NO drivetrain abnormalities. But the car would still not shut off when key was removed. This is what the work up report says.. "FOUND NON-OEM WIRE ADDED FROM A/C CLUTCH SUPPLY CIRCUIT WITH NO KNOWN REASON OR BENEFIT. REMOVED WIRING AND REPAIRED AND VERIFIED PROPER OPERATION." Which that is all fine and dandy.. However NOW my HandsFree Module is not functioning. They took note of this upon inspection but did nothing to fix it. I didn't even notice it wasn't working when I dropped it off...

Old 01-20-2016, 03:24 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Seems strange that an aftermarket wire of some sort from the a/c clutch supply would affect the Hands-Free Module like that.

Will you be bringing your vehicle back to have them take a look at what is causing this new concern? There is actually a TSB related to Hands-Free Module operation that you can reference when you bring it back.

TSB 08-098-15

SUBJECT:
Hands Free Feature Inoperative

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the Convergence Telematics Module (CTM) software.

NOTE: Convergence Telematics Module (CTM) was also known as the Hands Free Module (HFM).

MODELS:
**2013 - 2016** (PF) **Dodge** Dart

NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with UConnect 200 AM/FM/CD/MP3 Radio (sales code RAE) and UConnect Voice Command W/Bluetooth (sales code RSP or RSQ).**

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may notice that the hands free feature (Bluetooth) does not work. On further inspection one or more of the following DTCs may be found:
• U11F6-00 Lost Communication With Convergence Telematics Module.
• U11F6-87 Lost Communication With Convergence Telematics Module - Missing Message.

Old 01-20-2016, 03:29 PM
dartgal

Thank you. Yes I went by today just to chat with the tech that worked on it and ask him some questions.. And I also let him know about my HandsFree module not working. They didn't fix it because that wasn't one of my complaints (I didn't notice it not working honestly) and I guess when it's convenient for me I'll be taking it BACK in to have that replaced. So far I've already racked up $150 bill just for clipping a wire. It seems as though my warranty covered work done at Honda but not at Dodge, since I purchased the used vehicle from Honda. Well, conveniently enough, nobody told me that. I'm super pissed. And now I'm about to have to spend MORE to get this module fixed? Are you kidding me? This car is barely 3 years old. Extremely unhappy.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:20 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Are you referring to the 30 day warranty from the Honda dealership? Do you know if your Dart is still under the 3 year/36,000 mile factory warranty?

In the case of your first repair, because the wire found was aftermarket, that unfortunately would not be covered by the factory warranty, but if the HFM concern is unrelated to anything aftermarket it could possibly be covered by the factory warranty if that is still in place.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:23 PM
dartgal

No my car is not under the 3/36. It's just over 42k miles and a couple weeks past 3 years.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:56 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

I see. With your vehicle still being under the 30 day warranty from Honda, it may be worth seeing if they would be willing to assist with the cost of repairs at all since they sent it over to the Dodge dealership.

Either way, please be sure to keep us posted on your resolution. I'm hoping that TSB helps out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Dart Rallye occasionally will not shut off