Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

My Dodge Dart SXT 16' Project

Old 12-21-2016, 12:09 PM
XxREDxZON3xX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Dodge Dart SXT 16' Project

Hey guys just wanting to show off my dart on here to let me know what you guys think. So far I've done a muffler delete to her and got these rims and did the lighting there. I am going to get a air intake cold air, but don't know which one to get. Any ideas? But I am also gonna upgrade the plugs as well and getting a lip kit from either All-Fit Automotive or from EZ-Lip. Let me know what you guys think! And stay tuned for more things on my dart.

My Instagram to follow me on posts!
"with_julianna"
That's my IG name. Go follow me and give Bess the Red Devil a like and me a follow.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:17 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Your car already has a cold air intake. Adding an aftermarket cold air intake (which will really be a hot air intake) will do nothing but make noise, so there is going to be no performance improvement there. No need to change OEM plugs either. That will do nothing but lighten your wallet. Be careful riding around with those red lights on in the front. That's illegal. Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:22 PM
XxREDxZON3xX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your telling me that the Dodge Darts SXT Rallye editions in the 2.4L engine size already has a cold air intake? Then why would Dodge offer a mopar performance cold air intake box and kit? And why wouldn't replacing the oem plugs increase the response of the car by doing so?
There have been many people I've talked to that have replaced the air intakes with K&N and have gained more than 15-20 percent in performance. But I would like to hear

Old 12-21-2016, 02:49 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I'm sure there are plenty of people who will spend that kind of money and swear up and down they have increased hp. How are they verifying 15-20% increase in performance? Any dyno numbers to back that up? Probably not. Open your hood and look at where your factory intake draws air from. Your vehicle was designed to run best with the OEM plugs. Your best bet is to find a tuner. Changing plugs and adding a hot air intake will do nothing for you. But, it's your money so spend it as you will.

Search this Thread