Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Misfire Cylinder 3 on 2013 dart

Old 01-10-2017, 04:03 PM
dartgal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire Cylinder 3 on 2013 dart

Hello, I have a 2013 Dart rally-e 1.4L turbo... I've owned it for one year this week (purchased on 1-4-16) and so far its given me 3 major issues. The first issue was only about 2 months after purchase. The grille shutter actuator when out and I had to take it to the dealer for a $1000 repair. Then, ever since then, I've noticed many issues coming and going with the head unit. The blue tooth works half of the time, the map on my navigation goes crazy sometimes, and just recently, my reverse camera has started going in and out. It's very frustrating. I have just been rolling with the punches with the electrical stuff because I don't have a lot of spare time or money to take it to get fixed.

Now on to the reason I'm posting this.. just about 3 days ago, I cranked her up and backed out of the driveway. I started going down the road and suddenly it was jerking very badly between about 2500-3500 RPMs. I filled up the tank hoping it was trash in the bottom, but it kept jerking. Eventually the engine light came on and I checked the code. P0303 - misfire cylinder 3. I ordered an ignition coil from RockAuto and I plan to change it and see if that fixes it. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll probably order spark plugs and replace those all the way around.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem or any of these problems? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread