Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Turbo 2 help needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 07:53 AM
04slt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo 2 help needed

My new project will be ditching the 60hp vw engine and putting in a chrysler turbo engine. The engine I bought I believe is a t2 because it has the intercooler? Is that the way to tell the difference? I havent done much research on it yet. Hopefully this site has the engine wiring diagram that I can use.

I am wondering what year and model this engine came from? Its says chrysler turbo on the valve cover and is not TBI so I believe its a 2.2l.

I noticed a small amount of shaft play on the turbo, engine seemed ok but I am leaning on tearing it down for further inspection. It was pulled from a wrecked car.

Any suggestions on a good service manual also?

Old 11-08-2009, 10:06 PM
92dak5.24x4
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to www.turbododge.com You'll find a lot more qualified turbo guys. BTW do you have the trans also and what car are you doing this job? Just guessing you have a pre1984 omni? Turbo 2 engines came out in 1987 and are innercooled. You really need to drop the oil pan to make a positive assessment as to it being a turbo 2 as the have Forged cranks instead of cast. You'll also have a Garrett turbo and not an Air research. the intake manifold will be 2 peices and black in color. All the turbo valve covers are cast aluminum. the t2 will be black crinkle finish. Rare ones say shelby. As for wiring, just get a subscription to ShopKey or Mitchell on demand (many libraries have access to) you can get very nice wiring diagrams for both cars to figure out how to hack together the wire harness.Oh did you know that you can install a VW 2.0 turbo into this car... or for very little money you can build a very stout 1.8 non turbo.

Quick Reply: Turbo 2 help needed