Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

sepentine belt tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Hatchnet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sepentine belt tensioner

im pretty sure my belt tensioner is going. as the weather changes i get a bad squealing from the sepentine belt that wont stop for a few days then goes away. im pretty sure its never been replaced even when the belts were changed. the problem i have is i cant find how to remove and install the tensioner. i have a repair manual but it only goes into adjusting the ac belt tension not replacing the tensioner. can anybody help with this?

Old 01-02-2010, 06:22 PM
92dak5.24x4
Veteran

There are 2 tensioners. One for the a/c and the other for the alternator and PS. Have to tested the belt tension? And to replace the tensioner, there's one fastener that attaches it to the engine mount plate. It shouldn't be rocket science to find that one item. Most repair manuals will assume you can find a bolt which is probably why they don't hand hold.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:41 AM
Hatchnet

i actually got it figured out today. after you remove the alternator you can get to the nut that holds it in place which is on the back side of the engine in a blind hole next to the spark plug. the problem i had was the tensioner has just 1 bolt and an index stake attached to it, it looked as if it just screwed into the the side of the block. and as for the v belt adjustment on the ac its in the manual, the serpentine belt is not.

Last edited by Hatchnet; 01-03-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:04 AM
92dak5.24x4
Veteran

of course there is no adjustment proceedure on a part that is self adjusting!

Quick Reply: sepentine belt tensioner