Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

87 Daytona Canada build sheet?

Old 08-06-2013, 11:28 AM
marceline
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 87 Daytona Canada build sheet?

Hi!

I have searched high and low and even contacted Chrysler's Canada number (800-465-2001) and have a dumb question.

Chrysler Canada told me that they do not have any build sheet/sticker paperwork by VIN for my bf's 87 Shelby Z Daytona, because it is too "old" and the records have been "purged." I know that probably means the end of the line for my search. I have tried some online VIN searches, some of which can pull at least the make and model, but most say "VIN invalid."

If even Chrysler Canada is out of luck, are there any double-secret societies that might have any paperwork on this car whatsoever? I am sure I can pay for a VIN check for vehicle history, but not sure what else.

Thanks!

Old 08-07-2013, 12:36 AM
marceline
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well. I spilled the beans to bf and told him I was searching for his papers to have just in time for the Mopar Nats this weekend. He was surprised to hear the car was built in Canada, since he did not think they did any of the Shelby Z Daytonas.

He had already decoded the VIN by hand and had tracked it to St. Louis manufacture. He checked again and it seems he is right.

That means that the girl at Chrysler USA probably mis-keyed the VIN when she looked it up, and told me it was not an American-made car. That would also explain why the lady in Canada today could not find a single bit of info on the car....

Tomorrow I try 800-CHRYSLER again for round 2.
Thanks to anyone that read my post

OH. Edited: I had also submitted the VIN through Chrylser's website in order to receive info by email, but they never answered....

Last edited by marceline; 08-07-2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: additional info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 87 Daytona Canada build sheet?