Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

v8 kit?

Old 08-10-2007, 10:09 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: v8 kit?

I've got two of the old mopar direct connection V8 kits ones in an old Shelby Charger 340 powered the other is in a turboz 360/6pack...
I was debating about trying to strip one down to try to adapt it to the avenger chassis instead ... the rears are set up as coilovers instead of trying to adapt leaf springs... front steering is mustang 2 rack/pinion

Old 08-20-2007, 09:55 PM
exline
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did the kit fit the shelby charger also? i didnt know if they were the same as a daytona or not.I used the original springs on mine. couldnt find leaves to fit .the springs work well though. it s been 7 years now.
I have been getting more phone calls about these things and am thinking of advertising in mopar collectors guide and keeping them in stock. just dont know if i want to spend the money to advertise or not.but i am curious if there are very many people out there wanting the K members.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 PM
damageincracing
Professional

You can put my name on the list for the k members. The days are counting down until I start the work on my 85.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the shelby no motor or tranny but setup ... unsure if it's a different set up; from direct connection or same set up ....

Old 08-23-2007, 09:02 AM
exline
Rookie

from what i have seenand read in magazines my set up is a little different than the mopar set up.I have never actually seen the mopar K member just pictures.my set up uses the factory spindles and the factory wheels. I believe the mopar set up uses mini van spindles because they have a larger bolt pattern and you can use regular RWD wheels, same as you would find on a muscle car.I am thinking that the crossmember must also be narrower so that the wheels fit under the fenders with the offset that the RWDstyle wheels have.Ido know that you can also use the minivan spindles with my kit if you want the larger bolt pattern but the wheels will hang past the fender unless you use skinny front wheels .

I would like to see a car with the mopar performance set up in it to compare , it would be interesting to see what the differences were.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:19 PM
sand zj

Just joining in, I am thinking this may be another project to add to the list for this winter. Hmmm, hate to cut up my nice '87 shelby Z but this looks like to much fun!

Old 09-04-2007, 12:22 AM
outsider75

here is a link to a site that you can resize pics online. its very easy to use and with pics for this thread there can be alot of very good inf exchange!

Resize Images online

Old 12-14-2007, 09:03 AM
exline
Rookie

I have just started getting the conversion parts cut on a water jet . if you dont know what that is let me tell you that it cuts with high pressure water and does a very nice job of cutting.the part is almost perfectly smooth when done.it even cuts the bolt holes in also! I have been getting a lot of calls for the crossmembers so i decided to step up from cutting by hand to getting them cut on the water jet machine and i just finished building the first one from the new parts and its pretty nice.
I am slowly getting more parts made for the conversions to make avalable to people. I have thought of advertising in one of the mopar magazines but the advertising is expensive and i would almost have to raise the price of the part to pay for it so i am not going to do that yet. I am going to try to find ways to cut the build timedown andmay be that will help make it possible to advertise. If i could cut another 2 hours from building them now i could probably do some advertising.
but hopefully one day there will be V8 daytonas all over ! and also the lebaron, sundance and shadow are the same.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:24 PM
sccaSRT

It's nice to know that the LeBarons & other cars would accept the same parts for the swap. I've been looking at LeBaron coupes as a possible alternative.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:03 PM
exline
Rookie

I have thought it would be cool to build a 92 or 93 lebaron convertible into a V8 car. Run a little extra bracing in it while i was at it and it would be a fun crusier!

Search this Thread