Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

How mnay daytona owners here?? ROLL CALL!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 05:07 AM
Mikelslj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falling on its face

Originally Posted by 71RoadRunner
You should run 92 octane in it just to keep it happy. Have you ever replaced the fuel filter? It sounds like the fuel flow is sufficient until the demand is great enough and a dirty filter will cause a throttle hickup where it falls on it's face and then picks back up just to fall on it's face again, over and over. The debris is getting pushed into the filter and then the pressure falls off between pump cycles letting the debris fall away from it until the pump forces it back into it again causing the stumble off and on. This is just one possibility though.
look for a vacuum leak.this is most likely an over-boost condition.most likely at the rear side of the cam e cover that feeds waste gate and cruise control.oh,and I still have my 92 Shelby iroc,I'm very familiar with these vehicles,worked at the dealer in 84 when they came out,left the dealer in 03, I'm a Chrysler/ase master tech.

Last edited by Mikelslj; 09-29-2019 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:54 PM
Haring500

I know this is an older post but just joined. Saved this from my Aunt and had it shipped all the way from west coast to east so I could fix it up and drive it. '86 Turbo Z. Dash says 38k but thinking it's 138k. She was the 2nd owner and bought it back in '88.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

What's on the roof???

Welcome to DF!

Edit: Ok, optical illusion. The overhang by the entrance to the building looks like a box sitting on top of the car.

Old 08-10-2020, 04:48 PM
Todd Peterson
Thumbs up roll call....

Originally Posted by snappyjr
This doesn't exactly sound like a "Roll Call" anymore people.... sheeeesh..... anyways..... I had a 1991 Daytona auto,.... long winded, but slow, and I ended up selling for like $250. because the motor knocked.... I just recently got a 1990 Daytona ES w/ the turbo and manual.... i bought it to play with as a kind of project.... the lights don't work (have thread about it actually) and the speedo is not functioning, OH and it needs paint, but i only paid $70. so i guess its all good in the end.....
my birthday present too meeeee! I saw a 86/87 daytona pacifica in west edmonton mall and... well 33 years later i got a 1990 daytona white non turbo $2500 off c/l no test drive.... now that i've spent time in it; its buyers remorse: nice little car though too bad about parts! i need struts big time so this will be my first task... 30 days $100 a day its paid for itself in enjoyment cruise control all the way.... so, count me in tp vancouver, ca aug 10 2020

Old 10-13-2020, 12:13 AM
Ipokesmot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just aquired a 93 iroc.

First one was an 85 laser turbo. Was my first car at 16 back in '96, and my first car that I paid for myself. Loved that thing. Bought this from the original old man owner that I've lived across the street from darn near my entire life. Always wanted it growing up, and finally it's mine. 57k original miles.

The following users liked this post:
jkeaton (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 06:39 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

An IROC to boot, What's your plans for it?

Old 10-13-2020, 08:39 AM
Kolchak
Default 1989 Daytona - original owner

Hello everybody. Below is photo of my 1989 Dodge Daytona. I am the original owner, purchased brand new back in the day! Only one minor breakdown in all those years! Not original paint color. I made a separate post about needing help with brake work. I'm in central New Jersey, if anyone can help me out, send me a reply.

Quick Reply: How mnay daytona owners here?? ROLL CALL!!