Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2005 dodge magnum

Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 PM
pheets
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 dodge magnum

hello,

i have a 2005 dodge magnum sxt I'm want to get some rim will 22 by 10.5 fit? and i have 265 35 22 tire is that good?

Old 07-29-2014, 11:15 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If you want your car to shake to pieces, destroy front suspension parts every 5K miles, go ahead and get them. They will rub really bad up front when you turn. It's not very pleasant to drive

Old 07-30-2014, 08:01 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to DF. Please read the section descriptions before posting so you post your question in the correct area. Moved to the magnum section for you.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:38 PM
pheets

What's is the biggest size that I can put?

Old 08-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Tone kapone

I got 22s on my 2007 with low pros...looks super smooth...but like the person had said....plenty suspension problems and irritating noises happening after a few years ...not sure if it's due to the rims tho or just plain old wear and tear...so give Em a go playah!...it'll look killah, guaranteed

Old 08-23-2014, 01:35 AM
honu
Amateur

Generally speaking, installing a set of 22" wheels and tires will have a detrimental effect on the overall performance of your car. The vast majority of aftermarket wheel and tire combinations are heavier than their OEM equivalents, adding "unsprung" weight, placing far more stress on the suspension, brakes and steering assemblies.

As an added thought, the braking components on the 6 cylinder cars were/are, slightly smaller than their V-8 counterparts. I can't speak to the other suspension/steering components.

Of course, there are plus sized wheel/tire combos that are actually lighter than OEM set-ups, but you need to be prepared to dig deep in your wallet.

My car is a 2007 Magnum R/T and I swapped over to a set of 20" Challenger SRT wheels, on which I mounted 255/50-20 Toyo Proxi 4's. The tire size in one step up from stock. Overall, the diameter and overall weight is up only slightly, so any added stress to the components has been minimal.

I also lowered the car using Mopar's Performance Springs, with an advertised drop of 1". In actuality, the springs settled slightly more and I've seen a drop of about 1 1/4".

Between the slightly larger wheel/tire combination and lowering, the fender openings are perfectly filled (at least in my opinion) and ride/handling have been improved... again, in my opinion.

I don't put many miles on my car, but I've had this combination for about 6 years and 20,000 miles, and have experienced no issues... with these springs, I was even able to keep the car's alignment within specs without resorting to aftermarket shim sets.

Best of luck on whatever you decide... just though my experiences might help you out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 dodge magnum