Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Email: "Win this RV & JEEP"

Old 08-22-2014, 07:42 PM
junkymagi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Email: "Win this RV & JEEP"

How do I not get these? This looks like a very pretty scam or phishing attempt to me.

Click on it and it wants me to donate money to enter but rules say you don't need to contribute to enter. There is a "free" entry method but you gotta mail in a request (and hope it gets there), wait for it to be mailed back (and hope it comes back in the stamped envelope you mailed them so free? not so much) then call a number to finalize your entry... and it took me a while to find the free option, it's not on the page that's wanting your money, it's on a page linked from the very bottom of that "entry" page....

Old 08-22-2014, 09:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Who is it from?

Old 08-23-2014, 10:15 AM
junkymagi

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Who is it from?
It says it's from this forum... logo and everything. I'll see if I can recover the email, I had deleted it but I think gmail has a copy of it.
From: "Dodge Forum Sponsored" <DodgeForumSponsored@internetbrandsauto.com>

Look familiar? If it's not yours might want to blast to members that someone is scamming forum members.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:16 AM
junkymagi

NO PURCHASE, CONTRIBUTION, DONATION OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY AND MAKING ONE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. 2014 Outdoor Adventure Dream Giveaway starts on January 25, 2014 and ends December 30, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada (except Quebec) and of other countries where permitted by law, age 18 and older. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning = One (1) divided by total number of valid tickets timely entered for this particular Dream Giveaway drawing. For entry details and official rules including free entry method visit www.dreamgiveaway.com/c/rules. Sponsor: New Beginning Children's Homes, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization, PO Box 529, Centerton, AR 72719. * $55,000 for TAXES applies to payment on behalf of winner for IRS withholding requirement, additional taxes may be owed. Brands shown are owned by their respective companies. Berkshire and Forest River are not affiliated with this promotion. This ad is for informational purposes only.

This email was sent by: Dodge Forum Sponsored - 909 N. Sepulveda Blvd., 11th Floor, El Segundo, California, 90245, USA

Old 08-23-2014, 12:18 PM
csun22

Hovering over the link that supposedly takes you to the rules shows that the link would actually take you to another site that not that dreamgiveaway.com

Typing in the dreamgiveaway URL into my browser takes me to a site that has rules for various contests but I don't see one is for the an RV and Jeep.

Looks fishy to me.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:46 AM
junkymagi

Yeah, wanted to give the forum admins a head's up in case they want to email blast members to let them know it's not endorsed by the Dodge forum...

Search this Thread