Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Intrepid P0725 problems

Old 04-10-2010, 11:27 PM
DBrock07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intrepid P0725 problems

I have a 99 intrepid with a 2.7. i have been getting the code p0725, which is for the input speed sensor.. no problem, I decided to change the input and output, and change the tranny fluid and tranny filter and gasket just for fun as well....

what is happening is the car will stay in first gear, I can shut it off and restart and it will drive fine but sometime randomly it will do it again. quite often. after I did the work today, the code was gone and it drove fine all day, until tonight. now even turning it off doesnt help. it is stuck in first gear and Im unsure of what to do?

only thing I noticed
- I bought it with a after market cd player, but it does not turn on when you start the car, you have to manually turn it on and then it doesnt save any of your settings.. no problem. i figure they wired the constant power to the accessory.. but when the transmission problem happened this last time and stuck, I shut it off, and noticed when I turned it back on that the cd player picked up where it left off... odd I know.

So my question would be, are there any wires that affect the transmission running through the stereo? and some knuckle head wired it in backyard instead of spending 20 on the proper harness? I am going to check the harness in the morning and replace the factory one if it is messed up.

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into this?

thanks

Old 08-20-2011, 07:15 AM
Eddie Hammer
Question same problem - P-0725

Hello my friend. My name is Eddie, and I have your same problem. Did you ever get it fixed ? If so, HOW ?? Im still stuck in a Hi gear ! Hopefully you can bail me out. That P-0725 code is driving me crazy. I changed both sensors, input and output. - Until yours,if you can. - Thanks -

Old 08-21-2011, 12:15 PM
DBrock07

Ok eddie, it turned out to be the simplest headache ever, after I changed both sensors I decided to change the computer/pcm (silver box behind driver headlight, has a sticker on it with a long code) and that was it. I got one from my dads salvage yard for dirt cheap. Has to be same engine and same year, year may be different if the code on the pcm matches. Real easy swap, just remember to unplug your battery and let it sit for about 10 minutes before unhooking the pcm. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:38 AM
Eddie Hammer
Smile P-0725

Hey buddy, thanks for answering my msg. You know, I highly suspected the PCM was going wrong. But I was on denial due to the fact that I replaced it about a year ago. But after replacing the speed sensors. the cylenoid pack and the TCM, there was no where to go. However, thanks to your straight answer, I ordered one on ebay for a very low price. It was delivered this morning and I hooked it up as soon as I could. Then went for a ride and it ran like a baby ! So again, THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intrepid P0725 problems