Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

96 Intrepid -- Parked, now wont start

Old 01-16-2010, 11:45 PM
rtctr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Intrepid -- Parked, now wont start

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction for my 96 Intrepid.

I Parked it one night after work and it would not start the next morning. It will turn over fine, and it seems like it will partially ignite (it catches quickly, but wont start).

I've checked the following:

1) I used a spark tester on a couple of the plug wires, and I am getting a spark. I guess I should check all 6.

2). I am getting fuel from the fuel tester valve int he front of the engine. I can hear the fuel pump kick on also. Fuel pump relay was tested just to be thorough. Its ok. Interesting note...I did not have pressure when I opened the fuel test port until I attempted to start the engine. I was under the impression I should always have pressure here.

3) Auto Shutoff Relay has been checked and is ok.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the next things to check would be? I find it hard to believe that all the plugs would die at once. If the car was missing, I didn't notice it due to the automatic transmission shift feeling similar and my area is very hilly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 96 Intrepid -- Parked, now wont start