Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

98 Intrepid stalls

Old 10-25-2010, 05:19 PM
DelDak92
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 98 Intrepid stalls

Hey guys. I have a problem with my Wife's 98 Dodge Intrepid. Saturday she drove to the grocery store. On the way there the car ran fine. No trouble at all. When she left the store to return home the car would not stay running. It will start and idle, as soon as you give it any throttle it dies. I had it towed home and started trying to figure it out. I got codes for the MAP, EGR and the Throttle Position sensors saying the voltage in each is low. I also got a 1496 code that states that the 5v supply input is to low. I cleaned all cable connections on the vehicle thinking that I had a connection problem all to no avail. Nothing has helped so far. Is there anybody that might be able to help me out with this problem. I really would appreciate it.
Yesterday I talked to my local Chrysler, Dodge and they told me to clean all of the ground connectors. I did that and no good. He said that if all the grounds are clean and it still does not work properly that it was the computer. I bought a computer and that did not work either. I now have to CPU's that run the same way. I really need to get this car running. My wife needs it for work desperately. I thank you all in advance

Old 01-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Bluebarron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... Sorry you didn't get any responses. I am assuming you figured it out by now. Was it the alternator, a relay, or wiring harness?

Cheers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 Intrepid stalls