2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

01 concorde no heat

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 08:33 PM
jpryorx2
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 concorde no heat

hey guys having a problem here. i just bought a 01 concorde thats in perfect shape from a family member for 350 bucks they said it was overheating and had no heat so they quit driving it. i can not get it to overheat at all. i let it idle for 4 hours and the temp gauge stayed just under the half way mark. so then i drove it for about 20 miles with no change on the gauge. so i don't think it has an overheating problem i'm not sure she what even know what it means for a car to overheat (yes she is that dumb) but it has zero heat i have flushed the heater core and it is not restricted at all. it has the automatic climate control. ran the test on it and it has no codes. i also pulled the blend door actuator to verify that it was working and moved the blend door by hand.i've been purging the air at the bleeder on the engine and think i got all the air out. one i thing i notice weird is that at idle the upper radiator hose isn't pressurized but if i'm squeezing it and rev the engine up i can clearly feel the pressure build untill i let off the gas. does anyone have any ideas or pointers?

thanks
jason

Old 02-26-2015, 12:00 AM
jpryorx2
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forgot to say it has the 3.2 and i did replace the radiator cap with no difference

Quick Reply: 01 concorde no heat