2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

2000 Intrepid No Heat & Air Not Blowing Out Of Front Vents

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Texx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Intrepid No Heat & Air Not Blowing Out Of Front Vents

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid 3.2L. The other day I noticed that I had no heat; only cold air. Then I noticed that no matter which setting I use, the fan only blows air out of the top (defrost) and floor simultaneously; never out the front vents. The hoses under the hood are warm, and I filled up the antifreeze. If these two issues are caused by the same problem, then it is likely in the dashboard someplace. Any ideas? Oh and by the way, when I do change the settings, I can hear the electronic door moving even though the air still only blows out of the top and the floor.

Last edited by Texx; 11-17-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:21 AM
jack_null
Amateur

Best case senerio: air is trapped inside your heater core.

Otherwise the heater core may be shot.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:23 AM
Texx

I found out about a self diagnostic test that is run by setting the temperature to 75 degrees and pressing three buttons simultaneously on the console. I did so and three error codes came up, indicating that the mode door actuator is bad. One fringe benefit to running this diagnostic is that it immediately reset everything and restored the heat. So I have heat now, but still no air out the front vents until I have the mode door actuator replaced. I'll have that done this Spring as air conditioning season gets closer.

Quick Reply: 2000 Intrepid No Heat & Air Not Blowing Out Of Front Vents