Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Transmission problems shifting

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 05:42 PM
ccroft
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problems shifting

I am in need of some help or advice with my 2004 Dodge Intrepid 2.7L. I started having transmission problems a couple of years ago and the pulled codes pointed to a bad Shift Solenoid. The vehicle was also down shifting hard and would get stuck in first gear coming off of highway speeds. Replacing the Solenoid fixed the problem.

The shifting problems started again a month ago so I thought the Solenoid went bad again. I replaced it but now the vehicle will not get out of first gear. I replaced both speed sensors but that did not fix the problem.

Does anyone have any advice as to the next step I should take or if the replacement Solenoid I received may have come already bad. Thanks for any help. Not sure if it makes a difference but I sustained a small deer strike on the front passenger’s side a few days prior to the new transmission problems.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:39 PM
JM06van
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disconnect the negative battery terminal and try a reboot.

Old 08-01-2021, 01:42 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

That is a 5 year old post. Please check the dates before posting. Thank you

Quick Reply: Transmission problems shifting