Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2010 Journey won't start

Old 07-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Preeves
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Journey

My journey starts one day and not the next I dont know how to find the answer to my questions dealerships cant tell me anything unless it happens while its there with them is it something I am doing to trigger this causing this to happen??? I have been told it might be the Wireless ignition module what do I do to stop this from happening.......do I have to replace the key ?????

Old 07-24-2011, 12:10 PM
jcstruct

Do u have 2 key pods or just one? Car need to register both key pods, other wise car think someone is using a illegal key.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:31 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

how many keys u got? try a different key.
Also, what are the symtom? does everything lights up and radio worked when u turn the key?
next time, try putting it in neutral see if it starts.
WIN module is a common cause, but not always. You'll just have to Drop it off the dealership for a few days and ask them to go start it few times a day.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:42 PM
ajbarton
Default Ignition Issues

Originally Posted by master tech
Welcome to DF
We have had a lot of problems with the WIN modules, causing a no start. Get the car into the dealer and tell them the ignition is causing a no crank and no start. After removing the IOD fuse for 1 min and push it back down,then the car would crank and start.

I have had the same issue with my 2010 Journey. Dealer claims they have no idea what is causing it nor does the Chrysler engineer (which is the excuse they give me for them not knowing, UGH!!). They have replaced the key fobs, WIN module, and now are pointing at a module on the transmission (forget the name but it somehow controls the starter). All has failed so far. Plus this has been a VERY common issue with any of the various model cars Chrysler has made with this type of ignition system since 2009 (very easy to google this issue. It's the #1 issue with Dodge Journeys!) and still an issue with the newest 2013 models currently coming out! It is really sad that ever since Fiat got involved with Chrysler that the company would continue to produce vehicles with a known problem and a severe problem at that! They are able to get around lemon laws by having dealerships replace different items and point the finger at different items as a cause of the issue. This is not only unethical but plain and simply disturbing!!!

I really wish I had known this before buying this vehicle. I would have bought my second choice (Chevy Cruise). At least GM makes an honest effort to fix existing problems for customers and does not keep manufacturing such critical components as ignition systems in vehicles year after year. When they know they are faulty and unreliable!

I will never purchase another Chrysler vehicle so long as I live and recommend anyone else considering a Chrysler vehicle to first make sure that there are no on going issues model year after model year (with any part of the car) before purchasing!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Lightweight136
Default Key fob

how is everyone getting these key fobs replaced when I am being told they are not covered. I have a intermitt start problem replaced battery, replaced started, was told loose ground on charging system caused problem, today , same no start problem, I am afraid to bring it to dealer because if it is key I was told they are not covered and dealer gets big bucks for it..... they had car twice now

Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Lightweight136

how is everyone getting these key fobs replaced when I am being told they are not covered. I have a intermitt start problem replaced battery, replaced started, was told loose ground on charging system caused problem, today , same no start problem, I am afraid to bring it to dealer because if it is key I was told they are not covered and dealer gets big bucks for it..... they had car twice now

Old 09-24-2013, 07:10 PM
tretre

Which one is the IOD fuse. Can you attach a photo pointing it out?
QUOTE=master tech;2329974]The IOD fuse is located in the PDC( black box ) under the hood. The WIN is the same as a WCM ( Wireless Control Module). WIN ( wireless Ignition Node)[/QUOTE]

Old 09-28-2016, 12:27 PM
ddmr2006
Default 2010 Dodge Journey won't start, just a "click"

I have a 2010 Dodge Journey that was doing the same thing ... when I turned the key fob, I just got a "click" ... after replacing the shift assembly (parking/neutral safety switch) for $350. and then the starter ($350.), it still did the same thing ... Dodge and my repair shop didn't know what the problem was so I researched it online andI found this video which said it was the range sensor (
) ... when I gave my repair shop the video link, they agreed that it had to be the range sensor which is in the transmission ... they have to drop the transmission pan to replace it ... my car has 2 transmission pans, an upper and a lower ... it's in the upper one ... I'm in PA and it was a $50. part but the labor was an additional $500 ... thankfully, my car starts every time now ... FINALLY!

Old 09-28-2016, 09:26 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The range sensor is common knowledge now. It wasn't back in 2013.

They couldn't find it because the data stream in the TCM wasn't matching the reality of the BUS signals. They always "tested" as good. We used to confirm this by having a jumper wire tapped into the starter solenoid, ready to go when the "start" position didn't respond.

All dealer service depts. are NOT created equally.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-28-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:48 PM
marilin llanes
Default What been going on with your car? Have you had no more issue?

How has your dodge been? Has it been not turning on anymore? No more issue with your car?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Journey won't start