Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Front headrest removal

Old 07-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Independence
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front headrest removal

Does anyone know how to remove the front headrest from a 2011 dodge journey lux? I have pressed the button at the base of the headrest and pulled up on the headrest, but due to the "safety" standards it will not come all the way out. Is there some sort of trick? And is there wiring that I could possibly be disconnecting?

Old 07-13-2011, 12:31 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For Hard back seat, you have to pop the hard back seat by unclipping the Top 2 clips. For Soft back seat, there should be a zipper.
anyway, you have open up the back of the seat and disconnect the active head rest connector.
Make sure you disconnect the battery post first, so u dont set off an airbag light.

press the release button on the left, and Stick a Small pick or screw driver to release a hidden button on the right.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:26 PM
JourneyILL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you leave the plug that runs to the active restraint system empty? I have heard it will trip airbag warning. Anyone know how to keep airbag warning from happening?

Old 12-18-2011, 06:14 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JourneyILL
Can you leave the plug that runs to the active restraint system empty? I have heard it will trip airbag warning. Anyone know how to keep airbag warning from happening?
By disconnection the battery when u remove it, and hook the head rest back up before u hook the battery back up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front headrest removal