Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Location of win module, please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:12 AM
lago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All right clear as mud! lol, yeap all the bells and wissels work I would like to thank you for all the information that you have provided, it has help a lot Thanks once again
Lago

Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 AM
svargas28

Originally Posted by lago
Hi guys Im having trouble with my 2009 D journey it does not start like it used to now it does when it wants to, I have read a lot of things and try all of them move the shifter, remove the fuse and after a few minutes place it back, nothing seams to give a clear answer, what I have not done is replace the win module but it is quite expensive, does anybody knows where it is located? any help out there please, schematics? will be very much appreciated, Thank you in advance, at least I want try to do some checkong for my self as the module and service comes toghter at about 900.00 Dls, unfortunately is out of warranty, life it's just taking a **** on me please help!! Thank you
It is not your WIN module. I have the same issue and I am still under warranty. They have replaced the starter, WIN module, TPIM module due to a short and the battery due to a bad cell. All of this over the course of 3 months and the car still has the no start issue. I am now in the process of putting together a class action lawsuit since Chrysler told us that there was nothing they could do for us since GA lemon law is only good for the first 12K miles and we started having the issues at around 27K miles or so. How far out of warranty are you and have you had the dealership try to fix it prior to going out of warranty? Send me your contact information and I can include you as someone the attorneys can talk to and maybe you can get some kind of compensation. My email address is sease1999@gmail.com and my name is Shannon.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:38 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by svargas28
It is not your WIN module. I have the same issue and I am still under warranty. They have replaced the starter, WIN module, TPIM module due to a short and the battery due to a bad cell. All of this over the course of 3 months and the car still has the no start issue. I am now in the process of putting together a class action lawsuit since Chrysler told us that there was nothing they could do for us since GA lemon law is only good for the first 12K miles and we started having the issues at around 27K miles or so. How far out of warranty are you and have you had the dealership try to fix it prior to going out of warranty? Send me your contact information and I can include you as someone the attorneys can talk to and maybe you can get some kind of compensation. My email address is sease1999@gmail.com and my name is Shannon.
Try shift into Neutral and see if it starts. Sometimes the Neutral/Park switch is jammed up.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:48 AM
lago
Thumbs up

Hi Thank you Stake. I removed the alarm and dealer reprogram win module everything is working fine for now thank's again
lago

Old 07-14-2012, 06:36 PM
lago
Default Oxigen Sensor P0058 help, help !!!!

Hi I would like to thank you all in advance for any help regarding an error message I get I have a Dodge Journey 09 3.5 sxt that keeps giving me this code P0058 short at bank #2, I replaced both oxigen sensors on front engine before and after cat. they only cost 23.99 at outozone so I replaced both, any how! error msg P0058 keeps coming back so I swap the two sensors from back engnine bank #1 still got same error message any Ideas HELP HELP HELP!!!! THANK YOU will be very much apreciated Thank you all again.....

Old 07-15-2012, 09:26 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Did you use Bosch O2 sensor? they don't work for Chrysler, nor any Domestic or Asian Imports. They are strictly for European car even tho they say it will work on ur car. If you are buying aftermaket, look for the brand call NTK or Denso. Or pick up an OEM sensor at the dealer. But Honestly, I would recommend an Mopar OEM sensor, since you have waranty on the PCM, so the dealer would not stick it to you and say "aftermarket sensor dont work".
If that don't fix it, you will need a PCM(happens once in a while), which is covered under 8yr 80k waranty.
Also inspect the connector, see if you find any green corosion.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 AM
fernadzer

Yes all the lights and radio comes on.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Dino 1234

Originally Posted by steak59
I still think you have a bad WIN module. because i've seen this happen all the time, cars with or without alarm on it.
Even if the problem is the alarm, once u disconnect the alarm, car should start up fine. alarm system only has 2 wires to tap into the factory CAN network, if you disconnect the alarm, the network should restore back to factory setting.
I had my local dodge dealer replace win module 2 days later it chose not to start again with tow bill and parts and labor 398.00 .New win module would not accept old fobb so I ordered two fobb keys from eBay for 122. 00 with shipping dodge programmed win mode and key fobbs So now I have spent 520.00 and it still does same thing going back to shop this weekend will keep all posted if I get it fixed

Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 PM
steak59
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Dino 1234
I had my local dodge dealer replace win module 2 days later it chose not to start again with tow bill and parts and labor 398.00 .New win module would not accept old fobb so I ordered two fobb keys from eBay for 122. 00 with shipping dodge programmed win mode and key fobbs So now I have spent 520.00 and it still does same thing going back to shop this weekend will keep all posted if I get it fixed
Do you have a V6? Trans Range sensor is a very common failure on the early model journey. And it will Start fine with Trans in Neutral.

And if you have a 4 banger, the common problem is the Starter Terminal connector.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:34 AM
autolocknkey

I had this on an 08 Charger today. Security light would blink like it didn't recognize the key. The dash lit up, windows etc worked fine. I was called out to try to program a new key in (hoping it was the old key being bad) with no luck. I didn't try putting it in neutral, but I wouldn't think the security light would blink for neutral safety switch failure?

Quick Reply: Location of win module, please help!!!!