Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Location of win module, please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 01:56 PM
SoflaMusic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a 2008 dodge charger.... having a problem turning the car on! soooo frustrating. Put the key in and turn and nothing. def not the battery because i still have power. thought it was maybe my key, so i called a lock smith. guy came by and said he deals with this all the time... its the module. he says the module isnt recognizing my key or something and the only people who do the work is the dealer! 700 bucks!! wtf! please help and give me some advice.... is this true? is there anybody else who can do this work??

Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SoflaMusic,

Have you checked to see if there are any outstanding recalls on your Charger? I can review for you if you'd like to PM me your VIN# or you can look online at:

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/...2Findex_en.jsp

- Select "Recall Information"
- Enter the last 8 characters of your Vin and "Search"

Unfortunately, it is difficult to properly assess the cause of your concerns or the cost of the repairs needed by correspondence since there are too many variables involved.

I hope this helps. If you have any additional inquiries, please feel free to PM me.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:15 PM
bigtsr
Captain

" Put the key in and turn and nothing. def not the battery"

I have heard this so many time with regards to the battery ,
if it's the original get it load tested by a competent source -
I have experienced this several times on my different late model
Mopars and it has always been the battery from my personal experience.
Dash lights radio plays sometimes even the headlights worked - 3 or 4
years for a OEM battery from Mopar is all I ever expect and get.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:04 PM
are

Help please.....
Hi Guys!! I'm have a trouble with a Win Module for my Jeep Commander 2008
Somebody know where may I Buy Cheaper than a Daeler!
Desesperada !!
Hola Chicos, alguien sabe donde puedo comprar el Win Module para un Jeep Commander 2008 más barato que el Dealer... Gracias..

Old 04-15-2015, 11:29 AM
smoothes

Originally Posted by lago
Hi guys Im having trouble with my 2009 D journey it does not start like it used to now it does when it wants to, I have read a lot of things and try all of them move the shifter, remove the fuse and after a few minutes place it back, nothing seams to give a clear answer, what I have not done is replace the win module but it is quite expensive, does anybody knows where it is located? any help out there please, schematics? will be very much appreciated, Thank you in advance, at least I want try to do some checkong for my self as the module and service comes toghter at about 900.00 Dls, unfortunately is out of warranty, life it's just taking a **** on me please help!! Thank you
Take it to you local Dodge dealer , there is a recall on it, cost you nothing!!!!!

Quick Reply: Location of win module, please help!!!!