Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Uconnect won't connect

Old 03-09-2015, 08:26 PM
cemwpg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbilbao
was this rectified? I am having the same issue whereby i go to settings and bluetooth will not accept my command of going further into that menu option. therefore |I cant even pair my device or attempt to. All other setting are fine. help!
I am having the exact same problem with 2012 Dodge Journey. Did you find a solute?

Old 10-16-2015, 02:36 PM
mascencao
Default BT does not pair - setup not even open menus

Originally Posted by cbilbao
was this rectified? I am having the same issue whereby i go to settings and bluetooth will not accept my command of going further into that menu option. therefore |I cant even pair my device or attempt to. All other setting are fine. help!
Could you solve your problem?? How?? Tks!

Old 10-16-2015, 07:41 PM
bigtsr
Captain

Are you sure you have BT for the phone connection?
Uconnect does not necessarily equate to having BT
with reference to Chrysler advertising.
If you can get to screen showing existing pairings
delete what's already there and start pairing again.
If it's a software glitch disconnect the negative battery
terminal for 10-20 minutes to reboot the computer/CanBus
system.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:32 AM
mascencao

bigtsr I assume that the car have a BT because I can see them at the phones... In Android (Galaxy S6) when I try to connect to Uconnect the message simply says that the connection is rejected by Uconnect... At Iphone 6 the system ask for PIN but does not work with no combination of numbers.
I'll try to remove the battery for a hard reset.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by bigtsr
Are you sure you have BT for the phone connection?
Uconnect does not necessarily equate to having BT
with reference to Chrysler advertising.
If you can get to screen showing existing pairings
delete what's already there and start pairing again.
If it's a software glitch disconnect the negative battery
terminal for 10-20 minutes to reboot the computer/CanBus
system.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:11 AM
mrsjrandy2

Originally Posted by abnjlmr
Hi my mom's dodge journey 2012 uconnect has a problem as well. I know that there are about 3 different ways to get into the Bluetooth screen. One way thru the settings, another thru phone-pair phone and audio-Bluetooth. However, everytime we try to go the Bluetooth screen in any way possible, all it does is stay at the same page as if I didn't press any buttons and thats with every other way as well. My mom needs her Bluetooth because its safer to talk on the fone thru the Bluetooth. Please help!!
Hi all! New member here ... purchased a pre-owned 2012 Journey 2 days ago.

I am having the same issue, and after reading this post it would appear I am not the only one. I called the Uconnect # from the website and was told I did not need a software update. The operator alluded to a hardware issue, perhaps the module.

I am out of basic warranty. I still have the powertrain warranty left, which would most likely exclude this. I do have the extended warranty. Not sure if any would cover this.

Anyone have a rough idea on a charge to replace this? Is that still the recommended fix?

Has anyone been able to fix this without module replacement?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you all might offer.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:39 AM
chopson32

Mine was with warranty but it cuts 526.00 total.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:56 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know which model radio you have? If not, look on the lower right hand corner of the radio faceplate, there's a 3 digit code and that's the model. I really doubt that it's the module. Also what phone do you have and what's the SW / Android / iOS version does it have?

Originally Posted by mrsjrandy2
Hi all! New member here ... purchased a pre-owned 2012 Journey 2 days ago.

I am having the same issue, and after reading this post it would appear I am not the only one. I called the Uconnect # from the website and was told I did not need a software update. The operator alluded to a hardware issue, perhaps the module.

I am out of basic warranty. I still have the powertrain warranty left, which would most likely exclude this. I do have the extended warranty. Not sure if any would cover this.

Anyone have a rough idea on a charge to replace this? Is that still the recommended fix?

Has anyone been able to fix this without module replacement?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you all might offer.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:10 PM
mrsjrandy2

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Do you know which model radio you have? If not, look on the lower right hand corner of the radio faceplate, there's a 3 digit code and that's the model. I really doubt that it's the module. Also what phone do you have and what's the SW / Android / iOS version does it have?
There is no visible code. I looked on the screen, around the screen, etc. Nothing. I guess I am blind. I know it only has bluetooth. It doesn't have the Access stuff.

Based on the pictures and info on the website, I'd venture to say it is the 4.3S/REB. I know it is the smaller screen, and the website gives 2 options. I selected the one with the satellite radio, as the other didn't have it listed.

http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/...y/touch43sreb/

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 - android version 5. However, it won't even go to a pairing screen. Steering wheel controls do nothing. Push the phone or settings for bluetooth on the touchscreen and nothing happens.

I had to stop back by the dealership today, and I was told it would be $99 minimum of 1 hour labor for diagnostics. When I was on the test drive, the salesperson indicated it was just not set up and they could do it later for a nominal fee. Hmmmm ......... now that it is sold, it isn't their problem. My bad for agreeing to purchase without getting that in writing.

Last edited by mrsjrandy2; 11-30-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:20 PM
bigtsr
Captain

I doubt it's your fone , if you can't get to the pairing screen
then I would suspect either the BT module has failed or
possibly never was included.
Uconnect has nothing to do with BT and it was an extra order
module that had to be ordered from the factory , so in reality
it may never had come with it.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:45 PM
mrsjrandy2

Originally Posted by bigtsr
I doubt it's your fone , if you can't get to the pairing screen
then I would suspect either the BT module has failed or
possibly never was included.
Uconnect has nothing to do with BT and it was an extra order
module that had to be ordered from the factory , so in reality
it may never had come with it.
I called the # on the UConnect website AND the dealer shows that the VIN indicates it should have BT. The UConnect rep said since there is no update, and she had me do the reset (pressing the voice and phone buttons on steering wheel simultaneously for 30 seconds, then turning off the vehicle and opening the driver door for 30 seconds) concluded it was a hardware issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Uconnect won't connect