Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2009 Dodge Journey Door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 AM
kellter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Dodge Journey Door Panel Removal

Greetings all! First post here, must say I love the forum, very nice and helpful!

2009 Dodge Journey SXT 6cyl, front wd, with heated power mirror, no modifications.

I need to replace my wife's driver side rear view mirror due to a deer and am having trouble removing the driver door panel. I did search the forum but did not find a thread specific to the Journey.

I recently purchased the 5,684 Dodge manual in pdf but any work that needs to be done in regards to removing the door panel says "See Body/Door - Front/Panel, Door Trim - Removal" and for the molding it says "See Body/Door - Front/MOLDING - Removal". I cannot locate any of these sections in the manual.

From searching the web and reading these forums, I found a screw under the recess on the armrest, one behind the door handle, and have popped out the door control (did not see a screw to remove under the controls). and have tried lifting up to no avail obviously (see photo).

I cannot for the life of me see where the panel is attached towards the bottom. I did pry the panel away from the door at the bottom and did see where white clips are, but cannot figure how to correctly remove the clips as it looks like they should be removed from the front.

I also see where there may be screws for getting access to the mirror but the fasteners are flat and I don't want to just muscle them off (see below). Does anyone know how I can remove these?

The mirror isn't scheduled to come until Wed, but I would like to get a jump on figuring out how to remove the panels to gain access to the mirror.

Happy New Year and thank you for any assistance you are able to offer!

Scott

Old 01-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Journey_SeXT

Here are three solutions in this link: http://www.fixya.com/cars/t12141396-..._dodge_journey

Here is one with step by step and diagram: http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/5zcd...dow-stuck.html

Old 01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
kellter

Journey_SeXT, Thanks for your response.
  1. Remove pull handle screw.
  2. Remove screw from inside door handle.
  3. Remove the power window controls.Using trim stick C-4755 (or a wide flat screwdriver), pry trim panel from door using trim stick.
  4. Transfer trim panel to bench

Looks like all I have to do is "pry trim panel from door using trim stick" I am just wondering when I do this, will I pull out any plastic fasteners or do I just need to finesse the panel a little more.

Also, the image appears to suggest to push the trim forward where all my research suggests I need to pull straight up. I'll just try both ways.

Thanks again for your help. I will post my results when I tackle it next week.

Scott

Quick Reply: 2009 Dodge Journey Door Panel Removal