Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Sirius XM "acquiring signal" message

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 07:40 PM
NateSpin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2014 Dodge Journey just ended it's year Sirius subscription. Acquiring signal pops up every few seconds now. I switch to AM/FM and after a few seconds, it automatically switches back to Satellite with the trying to acquire signal. Very annoying, no setting to disable. Will try the battery trick.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:23 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Yes, try disconnecting the batter for a bit. Post back.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:58 PM
NateSpin

Well, I didn't actually disconnect the battery, but managed to get the Acquiring Signal to stop taking control of my radio. The battery is a bit of a pain to get to, I don't think I have ever seen one that isn't accessible right from the engine compartment.

That said, to get the radio back, I just performed the below steps
1) Turn the car on
2) Waited for Acquiring Signal to appear
3) Switched the radio to FM
4) Turned the car off (an open the door so that it would shut down the radio)

After that, when turning the car back on, it would stay on the FM radio and not auto switch to the Satellite's Acquiring Signal issue.

Note - If I accidentally switch back to Satellite, then I have to repeat the above process.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:58 PM
bryseana
Default Acquiring Signal

My Sirius subscription ended in my Dodge Charger recently and the acquiring signal stays on the whole time now. I went to the dealer to fix it, and they were working on a couple of other cars that had the same problem. I'm thinking it might eventually be a recall issue.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:10 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bryseana
My Sirius subscription ended in my Dodge Charger recently and the acquiring signal stays on the whole time now. I went to the dealer to fix it, and they were working on a couple of other cars that had the same problem. I'm thinking it might eventually be a recall issue.
bryseana,

Has your dealer been able to resolve the issue?

Old 01-24-2015, 04:55 AM
bryseana

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
bryseana,

Has your dealer been able to resolve the issue?
No. They wanted me to make another appointment at the beginning of the year to see if they could figure it out. Fortunately, everything started working normally again on its own a few weeks ago. I guess Sirius corrected the problem.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:08 AM
NateSpin

bryseana, Have you tried selecting the Sirius input then switching back to FM? Does it stay on FM or go back into the Acquiring Signal loop? My radio still gets stuck in the loop if I accidentally switch to Sirius (which happens when going between FM/CD & iPod). Then I have to go though the process to disable it again.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:34 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bryseana
No. They wanted me to make another appointment at the beginning of the year to see if they could figure it out. Fortunately, everything started working normally again on its own a few weeks ago. I guess Sirius corrected the problem.
bryseana,

I'm happy to hear the system is working again for you. Keep an eye on it and be sure to note any trends if it occurs again.

@NateSpin provides some good insight as well. An attempt to duplicate the concern can help the diagnosis process.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:26 PM
bryseana

Originally Posted by NateSpin
bryseana, Have you tried selecting the Sirius input then switching back to FM? Does it stay on FM or go back into the Acquiring Signal loop? My radio still gets stuck in the loop if I accidentally switch to Sirius (which happens when going between FM/CD & iPod). Then I have to go though the process to disable it again.
I'm able to switch around without the Acquiring Signal popping up. I haven't seen it in about three weeks.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:02 AM
rleland99

2012 journey is stuck on channel 57 and no sound or changing channels am/fm works fine?

Quick Reply: Sirius XM "acquiring signal" message