Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2010 journey with honking issue.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:24 PM
jessicasdodge2010
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 journey with honking issue.

My 2010 journey is having an issue with the horn going off when ever it wants. I took it to the dealership two weeks ago they said it needed a system update and it was fixed. Now today it started all over again and it's not just beeps now. It's a constant beep. I can usually turn it off when it starts by turning car on. But it does it while I'm driving too. Anyone might be able to help? I had dealership take fuses out til they can get to it so I don't worry that it going off at night.

The following users liked this post:
Suzanne Edwards (06-27-2019)
Old 06-05-2014, 03:11 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jessicasdodge2010
My 2010 journey is having an issue with the horn going off when ever it wants. I took it to the dealership two weeks ago they said it needed a system update and it was fixed. Now today it started all over again and it's not just beeps now. It's a constant beep. I can usually turn it off when it starts by turning car on. But it does it while I'm driving too. Anyone might be able to help? I had dealership take fuses out til they can get to it so I don't worry that it going off at night.
Here is some information that maybe helpful in addressing the issue. The dealer can review further.
Per the service manual possible causes are:
1. Horn control shorted to ground-Repair the short as necessary
2. Pinched horn switch wire under driver airbag module-Replace the horn switch
3. Inoperative horn switch-Replace the horn switch

Old 06-05-2014, 03:24 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jessicasdodge2010
jessicasdodge2010,

I'm sorry to hear about the horn issue you've been experiencing.

In some cases a wire connection issue or short circuit may be present regarding the horn switch in the steering wheel. Has the recent visit to your dealer provided any additional details, beyond the removal of the fuse?

Old 06-05-2014, 06:27 PM
jessicasdodge2010

When I took it in two weeks ago they just said all they found was a system update and we replaced the key. But it didn't fix problem. It seems like when it's a really hot day put the issue starts. I was thinking it was a wiring issue. That's y I took it back to my local dodge dealership

Old 06-05-2014, 06:28 PM
jessicasdodge2010

And bout the removal of the fuse I thought of that and it would silence it so it wouldn't bother me while I waited to take to shop

Old 06-06-2014, 08:01 AM
bigtsr
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be bad horn actuator switch or clockspring assembly.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:51 AM
jessicasdodge2010

ok so the first week of june they dealership replaced the clock spring now a month later im having the same issue. i thought i have been hearing my horn at work but wasnt for sure cuz they said the fixed it the last time. i trusted them til bout 50 mins ago when it started going off at 1 am.. took the horn fuses out again cuz thats the only way it will stop or rather i dont hear it. but any other advice on what this issue could be?

Old 07-08-2014, 12:22 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I am sorry to hear the horn issue is not resolved. Did the dealer check for shorts in the wiring or the horn switch.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Frostm
Default I know I'm late but...

Did you ever come up with a solution? We have exactly the same problem on and off for about 2 years. Dealership has done exactly the same things you have listed.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:46 PM
AfifehDaher1973
Smile dodge journey with honk issue

I have a 2010 Journey the horn keep going off by itself. I took it to dealer without any solution I think dealer guess was same as mine.
I have been driving the Journey without a horn for almost 1 1/2 year. I know it is not safe but I did not want to keep waking up my neighbors.
if anyone has a solution or know of any solution please let me know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 journey with honking issue.