Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

No fuel HELP

Old 06-17-2014, 04:41 PM
psppopeye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No fuel HELP

2010 DJ /RT 3.5L AWD replaced fuel pump still no fuel delivered. Will crank won't start. Will start with starting fluid and run as long as I spray. Thendies Any ideas? I'm baffled! Need one of you pro's to help. Thanks, Jeff

Old 06-17-2014, 04:45 PM
psppopeye
Default longer story

I posted about this the other day but I suspect it was a very long story of which some may not have wanted to read all the way through. Please feel free to check my other posts for more in depth into the story.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:51 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Is the fuel pump safety switch possibly tripped? (guessing there, not sure if the DJ has one, it's an intertia switch that trips in the event of a crash to shut the fuel pump off) Have you checked the relay? Do you know you have power to the pump?

Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

No safety switch. The TIPM may be toast. There is not an external fuel pump relay, it's on the TIPM ckt board. There is a fuse though, it's M25 / 20A.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:45 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Figured as much....everything is computer controlled these days...no more relays and switches that were easy to troubleshoot....

Old 06-18-2014, 01:35 PM
psppopeye
Default no inertia switch

the dealer told me the fuel pump is bad so I switched out the fuel pump after I got the old one out I tested with 12 volt power to it and surprisingly it ran. sadly I did not do diagnostic testing while I had the tank down. So I assume there is no power going to the pump. I checked both fuses that were marked for the fuel pump and both were good. I did not know there were no fuel pump relay outside the fuse panel.I hate to take the exhaust back down, the drive shaft back down, and the tank back down, to test and see if power is present at the pump while starting. I guess I was hoping for an easier component to check prior to going through all that again. Any ideas?

Old 06-18-2014, 01:46 PM
psppopeye

Originally Posted by TNtech
No safety switch. The TIPM may be toast. There is not an external fuel pump relay, it's on the TIPM ckt board. There is a fuse though, it's M25 / 20A.
Did you read my much longer post about this problem? If u don't mind, read that and shoot me any ideas ta might have.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:02 PM
psppopeye
Question schematic

Does anyone have a link to or have an FSM or circuitry schematic to help trace out/troubleshoot issues? I need some help plz

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No fuel HELP