Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

I should know better...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Buzzy_Bee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinder order

Hey, everybody! I'm new to this forum (I've been on other Dodge forums in the past, but I'm needing some help with a newer vehicle).

I've got a 2009 Journey SXT 3.5 V6. Just tonight, we had a couple codes come up. 0205 and 0305. One is a misfire, and the other one is the fuel injector circuit staying open (both in cylinder 5). Here's the stupid question, where is cylinder #5? For that matter, could anyone post a "roadmap" of how the cylinders are oriented? I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me.

I'm really excited to join this community!

Old 09-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Buzzy_Bee
Default I should know better...

...but I'm going to ask anyway. It looks like I have 1 bad fuel injector in my 09 SXT. I know I should replace all 6, but how bad would it be, really, if I only replaced just the one? What are your thoughts/opinions of remanufactured injectors? My wife and I are coming off of a tight month recovering from a car accident (less hours working = less pay to take home) plus back to school, so I'm just curious about the best way to get my car on its feet on a budget.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-04-2014, 09:57 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Gotta ask what makes you think an injector is bad?

Edit: Nevermind, found your other thread on the same subject and merged the two. I would just replace the bad one.

Here's a good thread, using the search function really helps sometimes. Welcome to the forum.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-j...ing-order.html

Last edited by jkeaton; 09-04-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Buzzy_Bee

UPDATE:

I tore into my Journey this morning (took me a while to figure out how to get the damn intake manifold off). I tested all 6 of the injectors with my multi-meter and they all show 13.x ohms of resistance. Looks like the injectors are OK, but I pulled the spark plugs since I was in there, and they all look pretty worn, and the one in cylinder 5 - where the problems were recorded by the ECM - was blackened. I'm gonna start with a tune-up and see if that does anything. Wish me luck!

Old 09-06-2014, 02:54 AM
Buzzy_Bee

Well, I buttoned everything up and it ran smoothly...for a while. Crap! I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and take it to the local mechanic (they were really cool last year when we had problems with our Pacifica's motor mounts and the CV axle that blew out because of it). I've always been terrible at diagnosing problems, but once I know what's wrong, fuhgeddaboudit!

Old 09-06-2014, 09:28 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You need a compression test done on that 3.5L. Likely a valve issue.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Buzzy_Bee

Got another update. I took my car in to a shop to see if they could find out what was wrong. Well, they hooked it up, checked the system and didn't see anything wrong. I took it home and drove it around last night (I filled it up put put some fuel system treatment in it, then drove it back home - about 7 miles is all). My wife took the car to work today and said that not only is it driving smoothly again, but the CEL is turned off (I couldn't pull any codes last night). Darnedest thing...

Quick Reply: I should know better...