Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Uconnect problems

Old 12-30-2014, 04:23 PM
cncninja
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Uconnect problems

The Uconnect on my 2013 R/T has failed now for the fouth time. In each case the failure was in a differnt part of the system. On one occasion the dealer was able to "flash" the uint and restore it (IT WOULNT EVEN TURN ON). That unit died about two months later.

But on the other occasions the unit had to be replaced.

MY wife also has an identical R/T to mine one digit differnt in VIN, puchased the dame day. Hers has failed twice as well.

Is any one else experincing such Uconnect problems? The service manager at the dealer admitted that the Uconnect is failing of Journeys with great regularity.

I am now out of basic warranty and will have to pay to get this fixed. NOT happy about this.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:45 PM
bigtsr
Captain

I have seen very few posts with regards of uconnect of the
magnitude you are experiencing.
I would suggest you try a different dealer for a second opinion,
perhaps drive to Burlington and see if Fairview Chrysler can sort
it out, I have no problems with my 2011 DJ in regards to Uconnect.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:00 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cncninja
The Uconnect on my 2013 R/T has failed now for the fouth time. In each case the failure was in a differnt part of the system. On one occasion the dealer was able to "flash" the uint and restore it (IT WOULNT EVEN TURN ON). That unit died about two months later.

But on the other occasions the unit had to be replaced.

MY wife also has an identical R/T to mine one digit differnt in VIN, puchased the dame day. Hers has failed twice as well.

Is any one else experincing such Uconnect problems? The service manager at the dealer admitted that the Uconnect is failing of Journeys with great regularity.

I am now out of basic warranty and will have to pay to get this fixed. NOT happy about this.
cncninja,

I'm sorry to hear about your Uconnect concerns.

What are the current symptoms? Have you lost all functions? When was the last repair?

Old 01-04-2015, 11:54 AM
cncninja

Thanks for the response. Current failures are the voice commands do not work, Bluetooth no longer functions, GPS constantly loses it postion and spins wildly. This unit was installed late in October 2014, in less than 60 days things started to fail.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:14 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cncninja
Thanks for the response. Current failures are the voice commands do not work, Bluetooth no longer functions, GPS constantly loses it postion and spins wildly. This unit was installed late in October 2014, in less than 60 days things started to fail.
cncninja,

Have you had an opportunity to speak with your dealer since the October repairs?

If you haven't already, I would also recommend speaking with the Service Manager as well.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:45 PM
HolyGearHead

I have a 2012 Charger and the radio was replaced because I cannot connect my iPhone 4S anymore to niether Browse nor will it scroll past approximately first 10 songs/podcasts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Uconnect problems