Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

How to clean the platinum chrome accents on Journey Crossroad

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 03:36 PM
mnm257
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to clean the platinum chrome accents on Journey Crossroad

Hi all,

I am wondering if other crossroad owners are experiencing the same problem I am. I have a 14 model that is about 8 months old,since day one the platinum chrome accents (luggage rack) and along the bottom of the doors seem to be stained dirty. They don't come completely cleaned when I wash the car. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to properly clean it up. I don't want to experiment with anything too harsh and cause damage, and don't want to waste a ton of money on useless products in the mean time either. Other than giving me the deal I was looking for, my local dodge dealer has been anything but helpful when it comes to any post sale concerns. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Froggychris
Default I'm having the same issue.

If i figure something out i will let you know.
Originally Posted by mnm257
Hi all,

I am wondering if other crossroad owners are experiencing the same problem I am. I have a 14 model that is about 8 months old,since day one the platinum chrome accents (luggage rack) and along the bottom of the doors seem to be stained dirty. They don't come completely cleaned when I wash the car. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to properly clean it up. I don't want to experiment with anything too harsh and cause damage, and don't want to waste a ton of money on useless products in the mean time either. Other than giving me the deal I was looking for, my local dodge dealer has been anything but helpful when it comes to any post sale concerns. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Froggychris
Default So far no help from dealers or professional detailsing shops.

Hey there I did some further investigating into the platinum chrome. I asked dealers and professional detailing shops. I have not turned up anything. Let me know if you find anything.

Thanks
Originally Posted by mnm257
Hi all,

Quick Reply: How to clean the platinum chrome accents on Journey Crossroad