Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

New to the forum. Need some feedback about 2015 Dodge Journey

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 11:56 AM
Ricky321
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum. Need some feedback about 2015 Dodge Journey

Hi Everyone,

NJ guy here new to the forum. I wanted to inquire about the 2015 Dodge Journey. I have three small kids and this vehicle seems pretty safe and spacious. Any parents of small children in here who own this vehicle? Some feedback would be great.

I am also a huge tech nerd and I came across this article which pretty much sold me

http://www.freeholddodge.net/dodge-j...reehold-nj.htm

Anything that the article may have missed? I look forward to hearing back. Thanks everyone

Old 05-28-2015, 12:10 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

We dont have small kids (grown up now), but we love our DJ. Welcome to the forum.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:17 PM
DadMike
Default Dodge Journey 2015

I rented this car and drove to Detroit and back from GRR this week. This car should be recalled for the gas and break pedals. For some reason they are suspended off the ground 4+ inches. I wear a size 10 mens shoe and my foot kept slipping off the pedals because they are so high up. I ended up hovering my foot in the air for my 3 hour trip and left the car limping. I've returned the vehicle and will never set foot in it again.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:18 PM
bigtsr
Captain

First ever I have heard this complaint , obviously
it didn't have cruise control.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:58 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by DadMike
I rented this car and drove to Detroit and back from GRR this week. This car should be recalled for the gas and break pedals. For some reason they are suspended off the ground 4+ inches. I wear a size 10 mens shoe and my foot kept slipping off the pedals because they are so high up. I ended up hovering my foot in the air for my 3 hour trip and left the car limping. I've returned the vehicle and will never set foot in it again.
Thank you for sharing this extremely useless tidbit of information. I'm sure you won't be back here again.

Last edited by jkeaton; 08-07-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:00 AM
DadMike

The car has cruise control but you can't use it when you are in heavy traffic, construction, Detroit, basically any time you need to change speeds. This is not useless information. People need to know that it's not okay to put the foot pedals this high.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:41 AM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno, never drove this vehicle but he has a point. In a former life, the job required me to drive all makes/models and as a result I have driven and repaired practically every vehicle made from 1959 -1982. By far the most impossible to drive is the '69 - '83 corvette. Looks cool sure but that ridiculous car is essentially useless for anyone shorter than 5'9", and I'm nowhere near that.

I don't recall seeing any info in the sales brochure about it being designed only for tall drivers but I wouldn't waste time crying about it in a public repair forum either. If you can't drive it, complain to Dodge.

Additionally, those of us that can either spell or google call them "brakes".

Last edited by blackvan; 08-09-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:30 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

I have size 11 shoes. Never had a problem. Sounds like driver error to me.

Quick Reply: New to the forum. Need some feedback about 2015 Dodge Journey