Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2014 Dodge Journey V6 Fuel Economy HORRIBLE

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 10:24 AM
jeffgate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a leftover. 2014 with new car warranty. Good deal and a nice looking vehicle..but that's about it. I never consider mpg readings to be accurate, I only compare it to my reading in my other vehicle. I get 19 in town with my Ford fusion, 2008. Yea, it's smaller but, it's a V6 too and old. So far, we get 15 mpg in town with the journey using regular unleaded. I haven't taken it in yet but, I'm going to assume nothing will be done about this. I also have huge issues with the uconnect system but that's for another thread. Yea, looks like I have 4 years to pay this off and then she's gone. We don't drive it too much so, I guess we can tolerate the mpgs. We don't have a choice.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:34 AM
jeffgate

Btw..Just talked to service at dodge and they said 15 was normal

Old 10-29-2015, 07:29 PM
RAB

My guess it's rear break grabbing, take a close look at the rear rims for excessive break dust. My 2011 RT AWD had rear break dust all over with nothing at the front. The dealer replaced the rear rotors and break pads under warranty. I have since had to replace the rear break pads and rotors again while the front rotors are still fine. This is my first experience with all wheel disc breaks and I am not impressed.

Quick Reply: 2014 Dodge Journey V6 Fuel Economy HORRIBLE