Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2012 Journey (and dealership) NIGHTMARE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 03:16 PM
mrsjrandy2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first thing they did was update the PCM. The oil pump has been replaced. The oil was supposedly changed at the dealership before we purchased it. They mentioned the left cylinder head before, but never replaced it. Maybe that is it?

Originally Posted by TNtech
The things you described in your first post are typical issues with that year Pentastar 3.6.

Many times the oil pump codes that come up are due to a running change in the oil filter. Most independent shops were putting the wrong one in at first and we had a ton of those come in. The Oil Pressure switches are problematic as well.

The cylinder heads are nothing new.

The P06DD should not be back. However, it can be generated by the oil pump, wrong filter and the oil pressure switch.

I don't think you got a lemon. I just think you got one that hasn't had the usual suspects fixed yet. Make sure they do all the software updates next time you're in as well.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:26 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsjrandy2
The first thing they did was update the PCM. The oil pump has been replaced. The oil was supposedly changed at the dealership before we purchased it. They mentioned the left cylinder head before, but never replaced it. Maybe that is it?

The misfire would be the head. The P06DD would be something else.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:48 PM
mrsjrandy2

Thanks! They said the coil pack was causing the misfire. It as cylooplinder 4 I think, they switched it to 2 and it kicked out a misfire code, so they said the diagnostic tree said it was the coil pack.

I have to take it back to them when I get back in town, and they will check it out on Monday. Just hope it won't hurt anything to drive 400 miles back home. It runs a little rough at idle, but other than that no trouble.

The misfire would be the head. The P06DD would be something else.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:43 PM
44dakota
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just read through this post, wow! what a headache, and you've only had this van for a month?? when you bring the van back in next time, you need to tell them you want them to take there lemon back in exchange for a different vehicle, I don't think id be nice about it either..

Old 12-31-2015, 06:26 PM
mrsjrandy2

I don't want or like to be ugly ...I just want it fixed.
Originally Posted by 44dakota
just read through this post, wow! what a NYEButtonheadache, and you've only had this van for a month?? when you bring the van back in next time, you need to tell them you want them to take there lemon back in exchange for a different vehicle, I don't think id be nice about it either..

Old 01-01-2016, 02:51 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 44dakota
just read through this post, wow! what a headache, and you've only had this van for a month?? when you bring the van back in next time, you need to tell them you want them to take there lemon back in exchange for a different vehicle, I don't think id be nice about it either..
Originally Posted by mrsjrandy2
I don't want or like to be ugly ...I just want it fixed.

I think it's more of a brain lazy service dept than a lemon issue. These are all common problems with these engines that usually only happen once in their lifespan and are easily addressed by a good service dept.

If you have other close options, I would use another dealer in the future.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:45 PM
mrsjrandy2

Nothing close enough I don't think. They did tell me.they had been in the phone with Dodge support the last time it was there.

My husband noticed that the last two times the light kicked on was after about a tank and a half of gas had been used. I did text the code to the service rep, and this was part of his response:

"You are correct. That code is the same code as before. It is a oil pump stuck open code. We know it is a new oil pump though."

So, oddly enough, after filling up with gas to head home this morning the light went off. 300+ miles later, and it hasn't come back on. Still planning on taking it tomorrow.

Would your guess be the switch or the cylinder head?

I think it's more of a brain lazy service dept than a lemon issue. These are all common problems with these engines that usually only happen once in their lifespan and are easily addressed by a good service dept.

If you have other close options, I would use another dealer in the future.

Old 01-04-2016, 12:22 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

How did everything go when you brought your vehicle back in? Any further updates at this point?

Old 01-05-2016, 12:40 PM
mrsjrandy2

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
How did everything go when you brought your vehicle back in? Any further updates at this point?
Light went off on the way home. Talked with adviser and we opted to drive it over the weekend. Intended to call yesterday and advise it was still running a little rough, but light had not been back on.

BUT ... it came on while driving to work yesterday. Drove straight to dealership and dropped it off. Got notified the light was off when they pulled it in, but it had stored the same code.

They've supposedly ordered a head for it and hope it will arrive today. Still not sure that what is causing the code, but I am at their mercy.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:07 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Strange how inconsistent it seems. Be sure to keep us posted!

Quick Reply: 2012 Journey (and dealership) NIGHTMARE!