Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2012 Journey (and dealership) NIGHTMARE!

Old 01-06-2016, 03:15 PM
mrsjrandy2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Strange how inconsistent it seems. Be sure to keep us posted!
Thanks! Just got word that they are done. They want to test drive it this afternoon. We've wound up at the hospital with my mother-in-law, so I've got to make arrangements for someone to stay with her before I can go get it.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:51 PM
mrsjrandy2

Was able to pickup the vehicle this evening. Paperwork says they replaced the cylinder head and then the code still came back on twice afterwards. It also says they found a bad lifter and replaced it. Odd ...

Still runs a bit rough, but the light hasn't come on.

@DodgeCares - I still don't think it is fixed, but only time will tell. I do have a few questions for you in the meantime. I hope you can help ...
(1) If all of these things were done under powertrain warranty, should they not show up under my vehicle history on dodge.com?
(2) Do you know anything about the Q Certified program? I was told when I bought the vehicle it was Q certified, which gave me an additional warranty. That has since proved to be incorrect. Also, they didn't "give" me any warranty. My understanding is that the standard powertrain warranty is 5/100000 right?
(3)I was sold an extended warranty and when I log in to see how far it has been extended, it tells me it ends in 2 years and at 100000 - I have a 2012 vehicle, so that doesn't seem to be an extension of the warranty. After reading, I see it is the same coverage as the powertrain warranty. When I login, it says it is the Q-Certified warranty (which was supposedly given to me) --- so why would it cost $3,000 ??? I think I am crazy to keep it since there is no extended coverage. Thoughts?

Old 01-07-2016, 10:02 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsjrandy2
Was able to pickup the vehicle this evening. Paperwork says they replaced the cylinder head and then the code still came back on twice afterwards. It also says they found a bad lifter and replaced it. Odd ...

Still runs a bit rough, but the light hasn't come on.

@DodgeCares - I still don't think it is fixed, but only time will tell. I do have a few questions for you in the meantime. I hope you can help ...
(1) If all of these things were done under powertrain warranty, should they not show up under my vehicle history on dodge.com?
(2) Do you know anything about the Q Certified program? I was told when I bought the vehicle it was Q certified, which gave me an additional warranty. That has since proved to be incorrect. Also, they didn't "give" me any warranty. My understanding is that the standard powertrain warranty is 5/100000 right?
(3)I was sold an extended warranty and when I log in to see how far it has been extended, it tells me it ends in 2 years and at 100000 - I have a 2012 vehicle, so that doesn't seem to be an extension of the warranty. After reading, I see it is the same coverage as the powertrain warranty. When I login, it says it is the Q-Certified warranty (which was supposedly given to me) --- so why would it cost $3,000 ??? I think I am crazy to keep it since there is no extended coverage. Thoughts?
Can you send me a link to the vehicle history you're referring to? I would think it would show up. If you PM me your VIN, I can check to see if it's officially documented in your repair history.

I'm not too familiar with Q-Certified, but, yes, the standard powertrain warranty on a 2012 vehicle is 5/100,000.

It sounds as if you may have been sold some type of third party warranty. With your VIN, I can look to see if we have any official Mopar Vehicle Protection plans on file for you. Dealerships are independent businesses and work with some third party companies, so if it was one of our extended warranties, it would show up on your file.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:06 AM
mrsjrandy2

Can you send me a link to the vehicle history you're referring to? I would think it would show up. If you PM me your VIN, I can check to see if it's officially documented in your repair history.

I'm not too familiar with Q-Certified, but, yes, the standard powertrain warranty on a 2012 vehicle is 5/100,000.

It sounds as if you may have been sold some type of third party warranty. With your VIN, I can look to see if we have any official Mopar Vehicle Protection plans on file for you. Dealerships are independent businesses and work with some third party companies, so if it was one of our extended warranties, it would show up on your file.
It is most definitely a 3rd party warranty. Just done very deceptively. I will PM you the VIN. I'd like all the warrant history any reason nothing would show up?

Old 01-07-2016, 10:45 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

I just replied to your PM, hopefully the info helps!

Old 01-07-2016, 11:11 AM
mrsjrandy2

I just replied to your PM, hopefully the info helps!
Got it, and responded back.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:53 PM
mrsjrandy2

Well, I was hoping and praying ... but it didn't help. The CES light came back on again this morning. Additionally, it appears they NEVER submitted the paperwork for the Extended Warranty, so as of now they still have $3,000 that I was charged. Trying to get it resolved, but the next step would be the claim with the Warranty company to have them contact the dealer since they sold it and never submitted it. I just can't get over the non-professionalism of this entire fiasco. The ONLY advocate I have there is the service adviser. Hope to get it back to them this week, and then see what's next.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:30 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsjrandy2
. The ONLY advocate I have there is the service adviser.

This is the advisor AT the dealer you bought it from?

Old 01-19-2016, 09:04 PM
mrsjrandy2

Originally Posted by TNtech
This is the advisor AT the dealer you bought it from?
YES, from the selling dealership.

Just got word that the extended warranty has finally been submitted and is now showing up.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:58 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Keep an eye on your PM inbox, mrsjrandy2. I'll be sending you a message regarding this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Journey (and dealership) NIGHTMARE!